Chapter 26

—Alicia—

"Alicia!"

I try to manage a smile that would come off as real and not faked as Liberty came towards me. Quickly, Liberty embraced me in a hug. My face smudged against her shoulder.

"Hey Liberty," I answer as the left side of my cheek was pushed up against her shoulder bones. I could feel saliva almost dribbling out of my face so I pushed myself away, giving off a sheepish smile. "Don't feel so well," I semi lie.

Concern showers Liberty's face until a very familiar voice booms through the hallway. I tilt my head sideways and a smile appears on my face. Even though I hated him and always denied the fact that he was related to me; I still loved him.

"Now lookie whose here?!" Toby's voice booms and soon I'm engulfed by my brother and his sweet smelling Gravity cologne. Oh how I missed one of my nooby brothers.

Toby pulled back, keeping me shoulders length away from him. His eyes held steady on my face and his lips twitched wider if that was any more possible. And I couldn't help it either when the words came flying out of my mouth. I had to insult him. It was hard wired in my head.  

"Smile a bit more and then you can pass off as good looking."

Toby looked back at me with surprise and then at the same time, we burst out laughing. Toby pulled me to his chest again and I could feel his chest vibrate with laughter. "Oh Alicia, glad to know you haven't changed one bit."

"And why would I change?" I challenge.

Even though my head was pressed against my brother's chest I could feel tension radiating from his body from the sudden throw back of my question. And I didn't forget that alongside with Chris he booked me an appointment with Emerald. And because of him I got stuck in an elevator and almost faced death, until the devil came himself to rescue me.

And you liked it.

Why couldn't my inner subconscious just shut up for a few minutes? I wasn't asking much. My thoughts went off as a tangent when I remembered Harry was still in the house.

"Shit!" I scream in panic, quickly pull myself out of my brother's embrace. I look at the shocked expression of Liberty and Toby and rack my head thinking about where Harry was and how I would get myself out of this one.

"Alicia?" Liberty begins in worry and comes towards me, with one hand raised in affection. "Baby are you alright? Do you..."

"No," I cut her off startled. I scowl and rack my head on where the curly haired loser might be hiding, he could not be seen or else Toby would gut him alive. A shiver runs down my spine as I think about that torture Harry would go through and then realize the worry etched on the faces of Liberty and Toby. "Uh.." I give off a sheepish shrug, hoping my body language would convey the message that I didn't want to be here. "Just had one hell of day, kind of dazed."

"Yeah, we heard." Toby replies back with thoughtfulness etched on his face. "You got stuck in an elevator," He stops midway and then smirks. "I mean only you can be able to do that."

I just glare at my brother and then stick up my middle finger as a comeback. "Suck on this asshole."

Toby steps forward as a threat making me take back what I said. As a child this never used to work on me, but an unfurling feeling started beginning at the pit of my stomach. Toby lowered his head and glared at me, his blue eyes gleaming icily. I gulp and I could feel my bottom lip tremble in fright, I knew what was going to happen. He was going to yell at me and no matter how much I would apologize, it would never be enough until his hands would be laid on me and then the pain would start.