Chapter ~8~

(Giovannie's POV)

"Tiffany said that she can't come with us on Friday," Jenna told Hunter, "she's having issues with her boyfriend."

      "Oh!" I pipped up, seeing my chance to make a quick escape. I grabbed Nick's hand, "I see that you two have some catching up to do so we'll just be on our wa-"

      "Stop."

      I froze. Oh shit.

      Hunter's cool gaze narrowed. "Why don't these two come with us?"

      Jenna frowned, glancing at us. "Gio and Nick?"

      "Yes," Hunter answered, eyes never leaving my face. I felt myself shiver.

      "Oh," Jenna said, "so you knew about these two already?" Hunter didn't respond but Jenna went on like he had.  "Well that's fine then. No one else is available that night and I don't want to waste two extra tickets."

      "Wait," I held up a hand, "wait, wait, wait, we didn't agree to go with you guys."

      Jenna rolled her eyes. "It's fine, Gio. Just come. Besides, It'll give me a chance to catch up with Nick."

      "Jenna..."

      Jenna's eyes narrowed suspiciously, "Unless you're still hiding something from me. Gio."

      Oh snap! "No," I said quickly, "we'll soooo be there." Ugh! Friggin Jenna!

      "Be where?" Nick looked around at us, brows furrowed in confusion, "where are you taking me?"

      "I have two extra tickets for The Hangerover 2," Jenna said, "and after we plan to go to a 18 and Under club."

      Nick opened his mouth and closed it again, glancing at me. I shrugged, sending him a bright smile. I was smiling but in the inside I was freaking out. What if Nick snapped out of it and started blabbing? I'd be in deep shit. Why do I keep digging myself into situations like this? I'm a friggin trouble magnet.

      "Moretti, I need to talk to you real quick." Nick grabbed my hand and dragged me away from Hunter and Jenna. I stumbled behind him, glancing back to wiggle my fingers at the couple. Yes! Way to go, Nick! Yes, keep dragging me away from them...

      Nick stopped and swirled to face me. "Now will you tell me what the hell this is all about?"

      "Um," it was my turn to fidget. "Well...you see..."

      "You're messing with me again, aren't you?" Nick snapped, "is this another one of your jokes?"

      "No," my eyes widened with innocence, "of course not!"

      "Then why..." he cut himself off, redness creeping in on his cheeks. "Then why did you..." He looked around before leaning in to whisper in my ear. "Why did you do that? Why did you kiss me?" He drew back and glared down at me, waiting for an answer.

      I blinked up at him. The kiss? Oooh. I smiled. Nick was just too cute. Look at him, blushing like that just because of a little peck on the lips. It was barely considered a kiss.

      "My bad, my bad," I said, patting his shoulder. "Sorry, I shouldn't have done that but look at the bright side! No one saw but Jenna and Hunter."

      "That doesn't answer my question, Moretti."

      "Right. Nick, I need you to play along with me on this."