Chapter 24: A Good Reason or A Good Option

for being a great & encouraging fan! ...also dedicate to some awesome new fans like... hkpackage,  samileigh1987,   rieko42,  and so many more, who always vote & comment! Please enjoy =)

*************************************

Recap chap 23:

“Are you pregnant?” His words, although expected, felt like a 1000 pound weight on my chest. I averted my gaze to get out from under the scrutiny of his piercing white-blue eyes. He held my face gently in his hands and forced me to look at him. I held my breath, before closing my eyes for a brief moment, allowing the tears to well up, along with my anxiety and heartbreak.

I let out a shaky breath and stared him dead in the eyes. I didn’t want to answer him, but I knew I had no choice. He waited expectantly, solemnly for my answer.

“Yes.” I breathed, barely above a whisper. That moment, was when my world turned upside down.

************************************

Chapter 24: A Good Reason or A Good Option

“Fuck! I was kind of hoping the answer would be different.” He mumbled softly, almost to himself. His eyes were closed now and I looked away from him, feeling my heart shatter due to his reaction. He didn’t want this baby. This is exactly what I was afraid of.

“I’m sorry if it isn’t what you wanted to hear, but it’s the truth.” My honest response, which still held the faintest hint of hope, was met with silence. He lay unmoved next to me breathing deeply for wordless minutes, as if to keep himself from going into convulsions, before he finally spoke.

“I should have known. I don’t know why I didn’t figure it out sooner. Those texts… some fucking genius I am.” He sputtered, trailing off with disappointment heavy in his tone. Was he angry he didn’t figure it out sooner? Or was he angry that I was pregnant?

“The texts? What the hell are to talking about?” I asked worriedly. I had a feeling all day yesterday that he was preoccupied with the countless text messages he was receiving and the quizzical looks he gave me afterwards were disturbing as well.

“I kept getting these random text messages all day from some unknown number. They said you had a secret and that I needed to figure it out. Then they asked questions… like why were you eating so much and not drinking any wine, and why did you need bigger clothes, stuff like that. It was a little creepy because I felt like we were being watched, but I ignored the feeling because I was just really trying to figure out what was going on.” Fenix explained casually, his words seeming like he was still dazed by my revelation. He held his phone in his hand and flipped through the messages as he recounted them for me. I had to know who it was, so I ripped his phone from his hand and stared at the number.

It was just what I expected, only not what I wanted to find. It was a number I knew by heart, but wished I could forget… Soren. The thought that he was virtually stalking us all day and had seen our less than intimate but more than friendly exchanges, like us holding hands constantly, made bile rise in my throat. I felt sick, nauseous and repulsed. When the hell was he going to stop this bullshit?

“It’s Soren.” I mumbled, less than enthused by the latest events.