The Jerk Actor & His Nerdy Apprentice [2]

Part Two

Kayla

It was Sunday night, and I was in front of my computer, checking my email. Technically, we wouldn't be going to class anymore, so, instead, we got weekly to daily emails from Mr. Owsley. I had met Alexander the week before, and it wasn't quite the meet-and-greet I expected. In his interviews, he's obviously acting nice, kind, and friendly; because in reality, he was rude, demanding, and cold. Why I had to get assigned to him, I had no idea.

I clicked on my most recent email from Mr. Owsley, reading through it.

To: <graduating class>

From: James Owsley

Subject: First Week

Hello, class! First off, I would like to wish you all good luck in your upcoming week. This would be a challenging task for anybody, and you guys chose to take it.

Secondly, I would like to give you each a link to your blogs. They will each be one thread to the class' mass blog. You can personalize it however, put pictures, make it a 'vlog', whatever you feel like, as long as it meets the requirements.

Good luck class!

(PS - I will send you each an individual email containing your link to your blog, username, and password!)

I nodded to myself, clicking out of the message, and going to the next one that had my link, and log in information. I clicked on the link, going and personalizing my blog page, adding a typical background that had a bunch of funny individual squares. I allowed the features of both pictures and videos, though I doubted Alexander and I would have any smile moments to capture in a picture.

I yawned, taking my last gulp of hot cocoa, as I closed my laptop and got up, walking to the kitchen. I silently set my glass mug into the sink, grabbing my iPod off of the counter, and walked towards my room. Once I was in my bed, I turned my TV on, to low volume, my lights off, then popped my ear buds into my ears, beginning a playlist at random.

*

I woke up to an alarm that blasted in my ear buds from my iPod, causing my body to jolt up in reaction. I rolled my eyes at how silly I was, to have such sudden fright of an alarm so early in the morning. Carefully, I turned off the alarm, and untangled my ear buds from around my head, leaving them and my iPod on the counter by my bed, trading them for my glasses.

Stretching my limbs, I grabbed two towels, and headed to my small bathroom. After stripping down and setting my glasses on the counter, I turned the water almost all the way on hot, and stepped in. To the hot water, my automatic reaction was to arch my back from it. But, I forced myself to get used to it, relaxing after a few moments. Once I had my hair washed, and legs shaved, I got out, wrapping the first towel around my body. Then, I wrapped the second towel around my head, placing my glasses on.

After walking to my closet, shivering from the cool breeze in my house, I picked out a long-sleeved grey V-neck, dark grey skinny jeans with a few rips, and black converse high-tops. Then, I also grabbed a black zip-up jacket, slipping it on over my shirt. Christmas break had just ended, anyways; it was chilly.

I placed the towel that had just been wrapped around my body into the dirty clothes hamper, throwing the one that had been wrapped around my hair into the hamper along with it. Then, I walked into the bathroom, blow-drying my hair until it was barely damp. I couldn't afford to catch a cold now. Next, I brushed through my hair, allowing my fringe to fall slightly over my eyes and glasses, twirling the rest of my hair into a high-angled clippie. Adding just a bit of soft black eyeliner around my emerald eyes and I was finished.