Daddy's Little Girl-5

A/N The side picture is Ryan.

Ryan comes out holding a pan above his head, ready to strike. "Maggie! I thought you were your father!" He lowers the pan and gives me a worried look. I am fighting tears, and losing. "Maggie, what happened? Why were you gone so long? Did I hurt you that badly? Oh Maggie! I'm so sorry! I don't know why I let it get too far. Please forgive me." He pauses, waiting for me to reply. I just stand there, unable to hold back the tears welled up inside me and they start streaming down my face. "Maggie. Oh Maggie. Please reply, even if it's just to tell me that you hate me and never want to see me again." he comes over to me and hesitantly grabs my arm, giving me space, but trying to give me comfort. I collapse into him, my whole body shaking with sobs. He wraps both arms tightly around me and slowly rubs my back. I nestle my face into his hard, muscular chest and he rests his head on mine. I'm not sure how long we stood like that, but even after I calmed down enough that only a few tears came down, we stayed like that. What finally broke us apart was the sound of the front door knob jiggling.

I spin around in Ryan's arms and his grip around my waist tightens. This is the moment I've been waiting for. "Go." I whisper to Ryan, turning around to face him. He nods and grabs my hand, trying to pull me with him. I shake my head and I will the tears not to come. He grabs my hand again but I pull away. "I have to do this." I whisper.

"Do what Maggie? Face him? No you don't have to do that Maggie. You have to stay away from that pyscho. He will kill you if you don't stay away from him." Ryan whispers back urgently.

"Ryan yes I have to do this. I am aware that he may kill me but I have to do this. Please understand. I have to do this for Sam."

"Maggie Sam died so you wouldn't have to. He sacrificed himself to save you. Please don't do this. I wouldn't be able to bear it if I lost both of you, on the same day no less."

I turn around and look right into his stormy gray blue eyes. "Ryan please understand. I have to do this and I'm not going to let you stop me."

He finally relents, letting go of me, but I can see the battle being fought in his mind about whether to leave me. "I know what you're thinking. You cannot stay with me. I have to do this alone. I will find you if I live. But if I don't, I want you to leave for good. I don't want you to ever come back. I don't want to trap you in Hell any longer." I stand on my tiptoes and kiss him gently on the lips. "Go."

He looks at me one final time, his eyes lingering on mine before he turns and leaves through the back door. Intake a deep breath, turn around and walk silently into the living room to face my father one final time.

"What do we have here? Margret? What do you think you're doing here? Didn't I tell you to leave?"

"This is my home as well Father. And I came because I need to talk to you. I need to understand something." I move towards the empty chair in the living room, across from my father who is sitting on the couch.

"And what is it that you so desperately want to find out from me after I killed your brother?" He asks with that horrible cat shire grin on his face. It's then that I realize that he is completely sober. This scares me even more than if he were drunk. At least when he's drunk I can pretend like he doesn't mean it but now, now I know he does mean it. But this also helps, it guarantees I'll get my answers. What it does not guarantee that I will like those answers.

"I want to know why. What possessed you enough to murder your own son. How you don't even feel remorse for what you've done. I want to know what Rick meant when he said 'Look! This one doesn't even need a rope!' And most importantly, I want to know what happened to the wonderful, loving, sweet, funny and sometimes embarrassing dad I used to have. And why was it always me that you targeted? Was it fun to terrify me?" I reply, as calm as possible.