Chapter 10

Heyy so I was supposed to upload this yesterday but basically I went on a ride too many times and got sick...so yeah..story of my life :P

ENJOY?COMMENT?VOTE?FANNNN!

Chapter 10 - Xavier

Lily

I gasped as we walked towards the entrance of the Durmstrang castle. From the outside, the castled looked a bit like Hogwarts except possibly not as grand as it only had a few floors and no towers that I could see of. It also looked rather sinister and dark, yet had a alluring sense to it.

The only real problem was that it was freezing. Especially at this time in the evening with the wind blowing all the snow in circles around you. No wonder the Durmstrang boys always wore fur cloaks and fur hats.

Along the walls of the castle there were numerous symbols carved into the stone. No doubt they were symbols of the Dark Arts but they were odd shapes and interesting to look at as you walked past.

After what seemed like an age we came to two large doors. We all stood in pairs waiting patiently. It sort of reminded me of the first day, waiting outside the hall whilst the other students got settled.

A couple of pairs infront, Scorpius was standing with Drake. As if he could read my mind once again, he turned his head and caught my eye. He looked at me for a second, flashed a grin then winked as he turned back around. I could feel the heat going to my cheeks already. Infuriating Boy!

"Why are you so red all of a sudden?" Jake whispered from beside me,

"Why are you whispering?" I whispered back.

"I don't know. It seemed to fit the mood better, and don't keep changing the subject." He looked pointedly.

"I guess...guess I'm just cold is all." I shrugged.

"It is quite cold actually."

Wow he believed me. I must be getting better at this whole lying thing.

"Pssst." Someone kicked me in the back of my knee and I almost buckled over.

"What Roxy!?" I snapped looking behind me.

"I saw that..." she said smugly.

"What?"

She pointed at the back of HIS head. Then did a poor imitation of his smirk and then a wink.

"That was a fail. Just saying." I said.

"Well you knew what I meant!"

I turned my back on her just in time to see the grand doors opening into a dimly lit corridor. Well at least it was inside so I guess that's an improvement right? It might be a bit warmer. We all followed McGonagall inside to be met by a very tall man in blood red robes. He was stick pole thin and had a short, greying goatee. He had many scars on his face making him look like a retired warrior. To be fair, he probably was.

"Welcome. To the Institute of Durmstrang. We are happy to have you for this magnificent event." He finished curtly.

"Thank you Kubura." McGonagall said nodding her head slightly.

"And how are you Minerva?" The man named Kubura asked McGonagall.

"Who's that guy Jake?" I murmured to him.

"That is the headmaster of Durmstrang. He took over when Kakaroff disappeared. He's half Russian and half Japanese. He used to be a dragon warrior-"

"Okay. All I needed to know was the headmaster bit. But thanks for his whole biography." I patted him on the arm. "You really need to get out more."