Trust Issues (Chapter 26 Part I)

Jerome POV:

"You're pregnant?" Mookie asked. She was clearly upset but she looked more hurt than upset. "You knew that you were pregnant and you didn't even tell me?" She asked.

"Mookie I didn't know how to tell you!" Andrea admitted. She had tears running down her cheeks and Mike was trying to comfort her but she kept trying to push him away.

"We're best friends Dre. You know you can talk to me about anything." Mookie said raising her voice. I could tell that she was still pissed off about the fight situation, that's the only reason she was reacting this way towards Andrea.

"I thought you were gonna judge me!" Drea yelled.

"You should know me better than that Andrea. We've been friends for years! When have I ever judged you!" She yelled, making me sigh.

"Mookie, calm down baby girl." I sighed as I touched her arm to try and get her to calm down a little. I knew where this argument was headed and I didn't want to see it go that far.

"No! How dare she say I would judge her when I've been there for her through everything! She knows I would've been there for her no matter what. Fuck that!" Mookie said as she snatched her arm from my grasp.

"Stop fucking yelling at me." Andrea screamed making me sigh. I looked around the parking lot and noticed that people were starting to stop and stare.

"Y'all are making a scene. Let's all just go home so everybody can calm down and then we can talk things out." Tatiyana suggested.

"I agree, let's go. See y'all later!" I said quickly as I grabbed Mookie by her wrist and led her to the car. I put her in the car and put the bags in her trunk before going to the driver's side and getting in. The whole drive home Mookie was quiet which was unusual because any other given time she'd be talking my damn ear off.

"You okay baby?" I asked her once I'd pulled into the parking garage of our apartments. I took off my seatbelt and turned towards her. She shook her head before sighing. She had this cute little pout on her face and I couldn't help but to smile. "You wanna talk about it?"

"That bitch fucked up my face." She spat as she pulled down the visor to look in the mirror. I looked at the small red scratch that was on her cheek before rubbing my thumb over it. She also had a bruise forming on her lower jaw.

"It'll heal babe." I assured her as I placed a kiss on her scratch and her jaw, before turning her face and then pecking her lips.

"That's not the fucking point." She said pulling away from me and then raising her voice. Aw hell. Here we go. Mookie doesn't get angry every often but when she does, she's ruthless. "That bitch first fucked up when she came at me wrong and then she had the audacity to spit on me! Fuck that, take me back to the mall so I can beat her ass again." She yelled

"Noonie, I can't do that baby. Calm down, you beat her ass and what's done is done. Let it go and leave it in the past babe." I tried to reason with her.

"Are you gonna take me back to the mall or not?" She asked, basically ignoring everything I had just told her. Here I was trying to be level headed and responsible for once in my life and in this relationship and she's just disregarding everything I'm saying.

"No Noonie, I'm not." I replied as I rolled my eyes.

"That's fine. Just know every time I see that hoe I'm charging that ass up on sight." She said as she flung her seat belt off her body and got out of the car and then slammed the door.

I shook my head as I slowly got out of the car. I took my time getting the shopping bags and her purse out of the car before heading up the stairs to our apartment. When I got up to our apartment, she was nowhere to be found so I was assuming that she was in the bathroom. I dumped all the shopping bags on her bed and went too look for my baby.