Chapter Twenty-four

Roxy's Chapter:

“We ready to go?” Kelly asked as we all sat in the middle of the Lynch's living room a week after the birthday party. I nodded my head and jumped up.

“Ah, it's so nice to have a day off!” Ross wrapped his arms around me as we all walked out to the van. I looked up to him. I am so glad we worked things out. He leaned down and pecked me on the lips

“LA won't know what hit it!” Sunny yelled when she and Rocky climbed into the back of the van. All us girls shouted out with her.

The whole drive down to the city, we were just laughing so hard. I leaned my head on my boyfriend's shoulder, playing with his fingers.

“Hey Riker, can you stop the van?” Rydel called out. Willingly, the older brother pulled into a parking lot on the side of the strip mall.

“Is that a yogurt place?” Sunny called out as we all filed out of the van. “Come on Rocky!” She giggled and pulled her boyfriend into the shop.

Following, Ratliff, Kelly, Riker, Ryland, Rydel, Liam, Ross, and I hustled in after them.

Couples branched off. Ross grabbed us two cups and together we walked over to the yogurt wall. I went crazy with all the flavors. Ross started laughing, pointing to one of the flavors. “What?” I placed my hand on my hip.

“Rocky, come over here!” My blondie called out. His older brother came over with Sunny. “Can, can, you tell me what this says?” He couldn't even keep a straight face.

I glanced over to Sunny, she was just as confused as I was. Rocky on the other hand, wrapped his arm around Ross. “Oh, somebody thinks he's funny...”

“Somebody want to explain what they are talking about?” Sunny questioned. I just shrugged my shoulders.

“You say Ginger wrong, and they never let you forget.” Rocky said sarcastically.

“Gin-ger!” Riker and Ryland yelled out, running over to us.

“Like that!” Rocky called out. We all chuckled in good nature. Rocky sighed and laughed with us, interlacing his fingers with Sunny.

~~~

After the yogurt, we all headed down the strip, checking out out the boutiques. “Oh, let's check out this one.” Kelly pointed to the store. Ratliff groaned. Kelly latched herself to his arm and snuggled up. “It has a bench...”

“Ug, fine...” Ratliff sighed, but a smile was on his face. I couldn't help but be jealous of their relationship. Not only were they boyfriend/ girlfriend, but they were best friends. That's all that I could hope for in my relationship with Ross...

In the shop, all us girls made our way through the racks, pulling out clothes for one another. “Rox, you have to look at this dress! It's like it was made for you!” Rydel held up a black and silver. It was a high low dress, with silver beading over the breast. She was right, it was beautiful.

I walked over to her, holding the dress up. I smiled. “I love it.”

“You should get it.” Sunny said, examining the dress.

I scoffed. “What? So it can sit in my closet?” I shook my head. “Nah, I think I'll save my money.”

“Oh, come on, Rox. It's amazing!” Kelly pleaded, gripping the dress. “You have to get it!”

I laughed, but sadly, had to put the beautiful dress back on the rack. “Sorry guys.”

All us girls walked over to our boyfriends. Ross stood up and wrapped his arms around me. “I'll be right back.” He whispered in my ear. “I'll met up with you in the park okay?”

I nodded my head and let him go. I walked away with his family and friends.

“I heard there's a concert in the park today.” Ryland noted. We all decided to that it would be fun to check it out. Riker ran back to the van and grabbed some blankets for all of us.

“This is a good spot.” Liam said, holding Rydel in his arms. She was giggling like a little school girl.

“Got the blankets.” Riker announced, walking back with Ross, who was also holding blankets.

The boys set up the blankets as the band came into the white gazebo. Ross slid onto the blanket with me. I felt his arms snake their way around my waist. I smiled and leaned back into his embrace. Together we listened to the instrumental band play softly.

“We should dance.” Ross whispered into my ears. I nodded my head. He helped me to my feet and lead me back to a patch of grass.

He held me close as we swayed in the sound of the music. “Hey, I a question.” He whispered.

“Hum.” I bit my lip, playing with the blond hairs on the nap of his neck.

“Well, there's something I need you to do for me.” He started. I looked up to him. “I need you to go to your prom with me.”

I broke out into a huge smile. I jumped onto him. “Yes!” I dug my face into his neck. “I would love to go to prom with you!”

Ross spun me around causing me to chuckle. “Wait! I have something for you.” He let me down. “Wait right here.”

He ran towards the van, and when he came back to the park, he was holding a white long bag. “This is for you.”

I opened the bag, and nearly dropped it. “Ross...” Tears started to form in my eyes. “Thank you.”

I took another look into the bag and came face to, well, dress with the dress from the store. Ross pulled me close to him, kissing my neck. “I love you, babe.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you guys like it! :D

Lots of love - Raz