5- E is for Electric

"We're going to Disneyland!" I scream, squeezing my eyes shut as if closing my eyes will make every ride look even more exciting. I haven't been here for years, not since Miley's sixteenth birthday party, and that was... wow. That was, like, five years ago. I grin like a maniac to myself, feeling Ed's shoulder pressed up against mine.

"I cannot possibly believe that you've never been to Disneyland before," Claire exclaims, laughing. She looks horrified at the same time as happy. I met her through my Keds campaigns and photoshoots, and we've been close friends ever since. Ed blushes the same colour as his hair.

"Well, there's no Disneyland in England."

"I know, and it's stupid," Caitlin pipes up from the end of the limo. She is shoved in between Amos, Grant and the Starlights, my back-up singers. She looks almost depressed to hear Ed's sad story.

"We are about to make your life," someone announces. It sounds like Paul, but I can't tell, because on the other side of Ed, Claire is blasting a random pop song from her phone on full volume. I smile hysterically again as she bops and dances to the music- she may be a model, but when she dances... she's almost as awful as I am. Not exactly graceful, anyway.

"Which land are we going to first?" Yells Amos from the back, like a little kid. I love that even though we're all adults in The Agency, we're still crazy and stupid no matter what.

"I vote Fantasyland!" Michael screeches.

"No way, I wanna go to Toontown," Claire protests.

"What the hell are all these places?" Cries out Ed, clearly lost. The limo explodes into laughter. And in this way, we are one. We are an enormous, diverse group of crazy, wild people. But in the end, we're all one and the same.

I lean over to Ed, my lips up to his ear, and whisper, "you'll like Adventureland the best." He smiles without looking at me.

There's a nervous energy in the car, electric and vibrant, like we are all on the verge of exploding from the excitement. I think that the planning is the best part. The anticipation, the lead-up to something is always better than the doing. But with Disneyland, it's different. Everything is better.

Slowly, I see the enormous castle coming into view out of the tinted windows. I press my hands to the glass with bloated cheeks. The swirling turrets spiral up and up, their peaks lost in pink morning clouds, and without a word I let the smile creep onto my lips. The chatter continues on and on behind me until Ed turns around, and squashes up his face against the window beside me. I look at him sideways and we both grin.

"Excited?" I whisper.

He says, "very."

And then suddenly, Claire sees the castle too, and with a shriek she announces to everybody in the limo (and possibly everyone in Los Angeles): "Holy shit, we're at Disneyland!"

I turn back around, smirking at her. "Classy."

And then we are underneath the sparkling archway and driving into a carpark that looks bigger than Disneyland itself. Our limo rumbles through the endless concrete jungle, towards a private, pay-for carpark that seems as distant as the sun setting across the horizon.

"This is the happiest moment of my life," Claire declares, absolutely certain of herself. Ed's booming laugh fills the car, bouncing off the walls and the dark glass around us.

"Not when you became a model or anything?"

"That doesn't even come close," she replies surely. And then we are under cover, and the driver slots a credit card into a pay machine, and we park, and we are in Disneyland, America.