Chapter Forty Two

I've gotten lots of messages asking to check out other's stories and I'm super sorry but I just don't have the time, I barely have any time to update. Sorry :(

Also, please refrain from sending me messages about when I'll update, they make me feel really frustrated, I will update when I have time.

I hope you guys remember the characters that come back in this chapter, Oliver and Ben. :) They will also be around in the sequel that I believe I have mentioned a few times already. For those who have forgotten, Oliver is a close friend and Ben is like a brotherly figure.

LIVE LOVE AND NIALL HORAN

Chapter Forty Two

I didn't even wake up with a headache. It was weird, I had been drunk enough for a major hangover.

The girls and I stopped at an iHop for breakfast; I had missed their cinn-a-stack pancakes and steaming hot chocolate. In between bites, we talked about last night.

"I saw you with Nate," Chanel brought up the conversation casually, looking concerned. "Was he bothering you?"

I shook my head. "I don't think he'll be bothering with me anymore."

And that was the truth. Frankly, there wasn't a point. 

I hadn't bothered to find something to wear this morning, grabbing the first thing I saw instead, which ended up being Niall's green Oklahoma City El Rino sweatshirt. I hadn't even realized it was in my bag, but now that it was, I might as well wear it. After all, it was comfy and it smelled like him. 

"I made plans for lunch with Oliver," I informed the girls, checking my phone for the time. "We can do some shopping before then."

For such close friends, we had drifted apart especially when I left New York. I missed him. He was one of the few friends I had in Brooklyn, I didn't know many others. When Nate and I broke up, Oliver had been there for me. I wasn't very sure if we were even in love. It happened quickly, but it undid itself even faster. We weren't cut out for being in love. I closed my eyes for a moment, remembering his floppy brown curls and blue eyes. Relief washed over me. At least one of my ex-boyfriends could still be trusted. Still, I wasn't sure if Oliver even count as an ex. We were just friends who thought there was something more when there wasn't. 

I really did value our friendship, we had something different than I had with the girls. I smiled to myself as I absent mindedly recalled old memories. 

*

I grinned so big my mouth hurt when I saw him. We made plans to go to a sushi restuarant and he was waiting outside for me. His hair was no longer floppy or curly, it was short and messy but it suited him well. Oliver was wearing a Green Day shirt, even though it was almost winter and freezing and baggy jeans with the odd paint spot here and there.

He gave me a big bear hug as soon as I was close enough. There was the same scent of soap and paper on him that there always had been. I was relieved, at least that hadn't changed. 

"I hope you don't forget your roots now that you're big and famous," he teased as the waiter led us to our seats.