The Vampires Pet - Chapter 6

Chapter 6

For the first time in a very long time, I was speechless. 

Hallie's words echoed in my brain over and over and over. How could she expect me to change rules that had been abided by for over a millenia?

Women! Always wanting something they can't have. Honestly, once they got into your head they invaded the whole of your being until you went crazy. 

"Lucy!" I howled, furious. 

Within ten seconds, Lucy was panting in front of me with windswept hair. "Yes, Master Linconshire?"

"I want this place spotless for Marcus, Alegra and Erica. Make sure nessesary arrangements are in place." I growled, pacing. "Also make sure Hallie is presentable. She'll be Erica's assigned nanny whenever she is here."

"Yes, sir." Lucy scribbled my commands down on a notepad so she wouldn't forget. She knew how annoyed I got whenever I had to repeat myself. "Anything else?"

"No."

As Lucy left I flopped down on the bed, only to leap of it as though it was covered in holy water. It smelt of Hallie's scent. All I could smell was her scent. 

Enraged I marched into the bathroom and turned on the shower. I waited until the bathroom was steaming before I stepped into the shower. 

I sighed with pleasure as the hot drops of the waters warmed my freezing body up. Standing for a long while, I let me thoughts drift away and allowed myself to calm down and think rational. 

As my anger was washed away by the water, Lucy's voice came screaming through the mist. 

"Master Linconshire! Master Linconshire!" Her panicked voice came. 

In a split second, I rushed from the shower and threw a towel around my waist as I raced to meet her. 

"What is it, Lucy?" I demanded, knowing that something bad must have happened for her to freak the way she was. 

"It's the Richards!" She cried. "They're dead!" 

"What the hell are you talking about, Lucy?!" I stared her in the eye, whipsering to her mind to calm down. 

"There's two vampire officials downstairs. They want to speak to you," She said dreamily as she calmed. 

In less than a minute, I used my vampire speed to dress approprietly and race down the stairs. 

As soon as I entered the two vampires awaiting me bowed out of respect. 

"What happened?"

"Sir, the Richards were staked through the heart on their way over here." One of them said quickly. He was young and attractive with light blonde hair and dark eyes. Then again, all vampires were young and attractive. It's how we lured our prey to their deaths. "At the scene we could smell gasoline. After being staked, they were set on fire."

"Who did it?" I snarled, containing my rage as much as I could. 

"We don't know, Sir. They were found by the human police so we had to intervine." The other said, his features all dark down to the tips of his fingers. 

I sat down and put my head in my hands. This was the fifth vampire killing over the last three weeks. 

First it was a human staked through the heart thought to be a vampire. We didn't think it as anything, what with the whole vampire myth (not) being the latest trend. The second was an actual vampire that was staked and burned to a cinder, rendering him as an unknown vampire. After the third staking it became obvious that we had a problem.