Bite: Prologue

Bite

          “Can you dance?” That was the first thing she ever said to me. She grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the dance floor. I didn’t even know this girls name. I still remember her face though, and the way her red hair fell down to her waist. She was pretty. She had a warm smile and dark brown eyes. She pulled her face closer to my face but only to whisper in my ear. “Want to go to the back of the school?” All I could do was nod. I was going to make out with this hot girl! She pulled me out of the gym doors and to the back of the school in an alley way. Just as I thought she kissed me. We kissed for a while. Suddenly her hands were around my wrist and were forcing me on the wall of the school. I tried to push her off but it was impossible. She pulled her face away and smiled. I couldn’t believe what I saw. White, sharp, fangs. She moved her lips close to my ear. “I’m really sorry about this.” She said. And suddenly the most agonizing pain stung my neck. It felt like I was dying.

 I thought I was dead until I woke up in my bedroom. A dream? I wish. My mouth was dry and I wished for one thing. Blood. I didn’t know what was over me. I went downstairs and suddenly I hear a thud. Then another thud. Then another. It kept going. A heartbeat. My mom walked out of the kitchen and smiled. “Hello dear? Are you hungry?” She asked. I nodded. My heart raced as I placed my hand on her shoulder. She looked at me weirdly. I moved my mouth towards her neck and bit. Oh, the taste was beautiful. My mother didn’t scream but tried to push me away and breathe. No luck came to her. I sucked her dry. I killed her. I stared at her body for a long moment in disgust at what I had done. That was the day I decided I will never indeed to another human, bite.