Chapter Seven: Going home

N.B. Hi guys and thanks for reading my story thus far – you're legends! I hope you are liking it, and any votes or comments are gladly received. Also, because I'm not a girl I was hoping that the 'girls' who are reading my story – that's you, (mostly anyway) would give me some feedback on this characters 'girlishness.' Can you let me know if I'm doing a good job (or a bad job,) of telling the story from her (you know: female – the way she speaks, her thoughts and feelings etc.) perspective. I'd love you forever if you could and thanks.

Finally, after many weeks, Martin was going home! Everyone was happy, except for me. Since that day – those weeks ago, when Martin had begun to recover – he rarely spoke with me, although he did talk to me from time to precious time, but he couldn't hear me respond, or see me anymore. Of course he couldn't, he was becoming more conscious day by day; which was great, but it carried a bitter sting for me.

For me, his recovery time was the hardest time I could ever remember. One minute, I was on a high that he was recovering and the next minute, I was falling into despair, because I was losing my only contact with the physical world. He was becoming someone I could never have.

Once I had laid my head on his warm chest and just listened to the sound of the warm blood, flowing through his beating heart; the dum dum, dum dum. Suddenly, my eyes filled with tears, so many tears that it was a wonder his hospital gown wasn't soaked. I laid my hand over my own breast but there was nothing; I was empty, dead. Oh, I already knew I was, but now I really knew. So many thoughts rushed into my crazy–muddled mind, I literally gushed with those invisible tears, tears that no one – but me – will ever know about.

We shared some funny moments too, even moments he was not totally aware of. One night I had to giggle at him, I was so glad he didn't know about that moment, or maybe he did. It was when he was asleep, dreaming. Now, I have heard of boys having wet dreams before, but I really was ignorant of it when it actually did happen. Another learning curve for me as a ghost.

I could see where his pecker was poking up from under the sheets and I felt a little guilty, yet curious! I tried to have a tiny peek at it, hidden away innocently under the covers. Emma! Thank goodness though, that I couldn't see much of him under there, it was way too dark; no light to light him up. Lucky for him, I thought! I'm sure my face was bright red though and it was another wonder that that wasn't enough to light up his, umm, member under there. Who was to know of my mischief anyway?

Suddenly I got such a shock, as he began speaking my name out loud! Oh my gosh! And by the look of his lips they were puckering up for a kiss, while he spoke. I had a wicked thought, amidst my emotions that were running hot. Shall I kiss those perfect lips? Well hey, I've only ever had one kiss so why not. Anyway, when I pressed my lips up against his, oh! I was sure there was a tingly buzz that passed between us.

I know that I liked it and the next morning, I found something out when the nurses where changing his sheets and also, his 'gorgeous' hospital gown, not! He must have liked my sneaky kiss too! Even though the sheets weren't due to be changed for at least another day, they made some lewd comments and were giggling, about how a certain person must be recovering well, and how he was full of testosterone, just like he was supposed to be, especially at his age! Little did they know that they had a guilty visitor, eavesdropping on their personal jokes at his expense! My Martin was the butt of their jokes! Oh well, it's good... but I was sad! Martin's parents came, wheeled him to the car and then he was gone.

Only the lonely, walked the corridors again, haunting. Was I haunting? Sure, some people may have seen me, but no one minded. I wasn't scaring anyone but I was still there. Oh, I had popped off to see my family from time to time. Only I hadn't popped out, to show myself to them. That chameleon girl had done that a few times though; I knew her plan. I knew what she was doing now, leading people into believing it was me. Why? She was still visiting Jason in the institute for the insane; talking with him about stuff he had done, or that had happened to him as a child. He was constantly shaking and on medication. He yelled back at the wicked girl, telling her to piss off!