Chapter 2..

The sign said 'St. James' School for Troubled Teens' bt my brain screamed 'Freedom! No more living at home!'.

We pulled into the parking lot, me and my parents walked together up to the large front doors, as I dragged my suitcase behind me. There was a reception desk, in the Student Affairs office, and we walked up to it.

My mother talked first. "Hello," She said coolly. "My daughter, Josephine Kirk, is a new student, and is moving in today. We'd like her room assignments, please. And class schedule."

"New problem!" said the woman working at the reception desk. She had a big round face, and cheery smile. It should've been welcoming, but I found it weird. Like she was too happy, or too welcoming, maybe. She fished around in a big file cabinet, and pulled out some papers. She handed them to me, not to my mother, who had her hand held out.

"Here you go Jo." She said.

"How'd you know I liked to be called Jo?" I asked. I probably sounded paranoid, but it was weird that this smiley lady already seemed to know me.

"It's in your student profile." She said, showing me a piece of paper she had in her hands, that had been in my file. I hadn't been here a day and I already had a huge file. I glanced at it quickly before she pulled it away, and it had tons of information on it. Interests, family history, and than the big glaring reason why I was here.

Attempted Suicide. I cringed.

'Attempted' making me feel worse than the word 'Suicide' ever would.

"I'll get a student to lead you to your new dorm room. You'll be sharing it with another student. A girl named Christine." Said the smiley front desk woman. "Say goodbye to your parents." She said, returning to her desk work.

"Now!?" my mother shrieked.

"Yes." Said the woman with a soft nod. I grinned. I felt a sudden burst of excitement, it was happening. They were leaving me here....finally. It was probably messed up to be GLAD you're parents were leaving you at a school for mentally troubled teenagers, but I was a messed up kid.

"Bye mom!" I said hugging her swiftly. "Bye daddy." I said, kissing him on the cheek.

My parents just stood there, looking shell shocked.

"I'm really sorry, but it's school policy for the parents to leave before the student goes to their dorm. We don't like separation anxiety, or drama. I'm sure you can show yourselves out." She said with a big smile. I thought I was going to laugh aloud, but I held it in.

My parents said muffled goodbyes, before walking away, somewhat dazed. This had all happened a lot quicker than they'd expected.

............§............

New School!

My parents left, and I was left standing alone with that lady. "Um, what do I do now?" I asked.

"Oh, right!" she said. "Let me get Brian to show you where your room is...." she said walking quickly to the back of the office. She came back with a boy following her.

"Hi," He said, in a voice that was surprisingly deep. He was a pretty skinny kid, with shaggy black hair, and absolutely enormous blue eyes that peered out from the blackness of his hair like headlights.

"Hey," I said, hiking my back pack further up my shoulder, and ruffling the papers in my hand.

"Let's go." He said, and he pointed to a door at the right of me. He walked out, and held the door open for me, and my suitcase. "I'll take that, if you want." He said, signaling to my suitcase.

"Oh, um, you don't have to." I said finally. I preferred to keep track of my stuff myself.

"Alright." He said, leading me down a hallway. "So what are you in for?" he asked. I was a little taken aback.

"Nothing." I said, kind of agitated. I didn't even know this kid, and he was asking me why I was here.

"Attempted suicide?" He asked. My mouth dropped open before I could stop it.

"How--How did you know that?" I asked.

"That's what they always say." He said. "I said the same thing too." He said. He pushed up his stiff white sleeves to show a smooth scar across each wrist. I looked away instantly. "Sorry, does that bother you?" he asked, pushing the white cuffs down quickly.

"No." I said. "And yes. On me no, but on others...."

"I understand. It's the same thing for me too, kind of. Especially when I see it on pretty wrists like yours." He said.

We continued to walk down the hall, making turns every now and then, and I began to wonder if I was ever going to figure out where I was. Thank goodness I had a map in this heap of papers, I thought.

"So, is the suicide thing the only reason you're here?" he asked. He seemed so nosy.

"Not really. I'm just depressed. I'm taking med's but it makes it worse, and my parents are on their last nerve, so the psychiatrist thought this would work." I said. I didn't like telling a total stranger about myself, but I resigned myself to the fact that this was probably the way it was going to be. What did I have to hide anyway? He was probably just as weird as me, if not weirder. "What about you?" I asked.

"Nah, something else happened." He looked at me with this quick flash in his big bright eyes.

"I killed somebody."

!?!? "Holy shit!" I screamed, stopping in my tracks, and almost throwing my papers in the air to run away. "Are you freaking serious!?"

He burst out into hilarious laughter. He bent over, and continued to laugh. "Oh my God!" he shouted. "It gets them EVERY TIME." He said, gasping for air in between laughs. I was slightly shaky.

"What the hell?" I asked.

"I'm kidding. It's a joke, calm down, what do you think I am? Some psycho? No way. It's just funny to get people's reactions. You're the best one I've ever gotten." He said with a toothy smile.

"Yeah, well you're sick." I said angrily, walking past him. He tailed behind me, and caught up, coming to slow down beside me.

"We all are, that's why we are here." He said. "And by the way, you're dorm room is back there." He said, pointing to the door I had darted past in my nervous anger. I didn't say anything, I just walked to the door, and tried to pull it open. It was locked.

"Here's your key." He said, coming next to me again. He slipped into my palm. "Don't lose it." He said. I just glared at him, as I unlocked the door and got in the room. I slammed the door in his face as fast as I could.

.........................................................

VOTE & COMMENTS..?