Slowly evaporating into thin air

Chapter 1

The first time I ever saw him was when he was stood next to River Drava. His shaggy jet black hair was blowing in the wind, as I gazed into the water I saw that he had a perfectly sculpted body, a chiselled jaw and he was very handsome. But the thing that got me the most was his green eyes. I was lost in them they were so deep and soulful, they also had hidden knowledge. When his eyes looked right into me something moved within my soul... oh darn it was going to happen again... I was going to lose control... *SPLASH* I’d fallen of the rock that I had been sitting on, the water was freezing it was swallowing me up; I started to panic because I can’t swim... I was going to drown because I had been hypnotised by the boy’s eyes, why had I been so stupid? I should have turned away at the first chance... as I thought all hope had been lost and my breathe was slowly dying away, I saw my life flashing before my eyes... my pathetic life that I had done nothing with, there had been so much that I had wanted to do with it, I had wanted to get into art school. My father said that all artists were a load of crack heads and that I should focus on doing other things with my life... Of course I had ignored him...

And this was why I had been sitting on my rock watching the flowing river swirl around in it’s blue, green and grey whirlpool, I was drawing the river, the rocks were coated in snow. The cold crisp snow looked like icing sugar and I was fascinated... suddenly strong arms pulled me out of the stomach of the river... Ha I wasn’t going to be River Drava’s lunch today... not now and it was never going to happen again. As I came out of the water I managed to take a deep breath it burnt the inside of my lungs. I slowly opened my eyes to take a look at my rescuer it... it wasn’t him... it was a guy from the ambulance, I looked around wildly for the guy with the shaggy jet black hair and the piercing green eyes, he had vanished.. All that I had left of him was a memory; it wasn’t likely I was going to forget him in a hurry...

Chapter 2

Okay I can usually stand girls staring at me, because I know I’m good looking it’s the Greek blood that runs within my veins...but this girl was something more, she was something that I wasn’t quite ready to deal with yet. She had very blonde hair which swept past her shoulders, she was staring quite intently at me and I couldn’t stand it, she then put her sketch book to the side and knelt further on the rock. I could see what was going to happen, she was going to topple into the ice cold water, and the river was lapping hungrily at the sides waiting to digest her when she fell. She then plunged head first into the waiting river. I sprinted to the other side of the river, I was curious about her sketch book, I know that a decent guy would dive in after her but I’m not decent, I’m a one man for himself type of guy. I decided to have a look inside of her sketch book, the drawings that were inside were really good, and in fact I’d say that they were incredible. I was like a savage animal I became absorbed in her drawings; they spoke to my heart and made the ice melt. On the last page she had drawn a boy, her shading and detail were amazing, and the picture was a spitting image of me. I gently ripped it out of her sketch book and tucked it in my pocket; I then took out my phone and called for an ambulance. I then waited for the ambulance guy to turn up, he immediately dove into the river and pulled the girl up to the water’s surface, and I then turned and sprinted for the hills, I needed to get away as fast as I could, I couldn’t get the girls face out of my head. Her look of pure shock when she tumbled into the water was enough to eat my insides, I had really wanted to dive in and save her but once again I had been a coward, and left it for someone else.

Chapter 3

When I got out of the water the Ambulance guy asked me a few questions, he then pulled out of his bag a towel and a flask. I curiously asked him what was inside the flask that he was now pouring into a cup. He replied that it was PG tips 100% natural tea. He then offered it to me saying that it would warm my insides and help me thaw out. I sniffed at it cautiously, just to make sure that it was tea it smelt like tea and that was good enough for me. I took a big gulp enjoying the warmth that spread from my tongue right down the inside of my body. I instantly started to feel better, lying beside my left foot was my sketch book, and I opened it  at the page where i had drawn the gorgeous boy, only to my dismay to find that it had been ripped out, i felt torn and crushed. I wanted to scream so hard, my masterpiece had been brutally ripped out of my book! I asked the Ambulance guy if he had taken it, he said he hadn’t and i believed him. I knew that the very good looking guy was going to be in trouble, he’s now imprinted in my mind, and he’s all I think about. I have so many questions that i want to ask him. For example what’s his name? Why did he leave me to drown? And why he didn’t dive in after me? It’s my entire fault, i had stared at him too long and freaked him out, and he probably gets it all the time, i want to show him that I’m different and that I’m not like the other girls that fawn around him looking like lost puppies. I wanted to show him that i was original and that i couldn’t be replaced...