Chapter 21

Chapter 21

“Are you sure it’s A-4/22?” I asked Chas on the phone. I was looking down at the flowery notepad on which I had written down Zack’s address.

“Yeah, damn sure…mine is A-4/18 and Zack’s house is the fourth house from mine. So, it has to be A-4/22,” Chas said firmly.

“Oh okay…gotta go then,” I said getting ready to cut the call off.

“Tee…” Chas said slowly.

“Huh?”

“You really messed up this time.”

“I know,” I sighed preparing my speech which I was going to speak in front of Zack.

“He didn’t deserve that at all…I hope you will make it up to him.”

“Yes I will,” I said with fierce determination. Zack had been my best friend and I wasn’t going to let him go so easily.

“And don’t forget! Sleepover at my place in the night,” Chas exclaimed excited.

“Yes I won’t that will be right after my date with Blaze,” I couldn’t help grinning like a fool. Player or no player, I was enjoying tremendously with Blaze.

I kept the mobile I my pocket and fixed my hair. Zack had to listen to me. As it was Saturday, I was free to do whatever I wanted to. That’s sounds like a joke I know because on Saturday’s Marylyn made me clean the entire house from inside out. I had made an excuse for today saying I had work on my English project and for that I had to go and stay over Chas’ place for the entire day as it was compulsory to submit the project on Monday. Grudgingly, Marylyn had to agree as the thought of the “Mother and Daughter” project still petrified her.

I grinned looking at my overnight bag; I was free to do whatever I wanted to today. That thought cheered me up terribly. It was always good to be away from Marylyn and Harriet. Without wasting any more time, I almost skipped joyfully out of the house. I had a similar feeling to that of a prisoner being released. This was my happy day

Chas’ house was ten minutes away from mine that is because I was walking down to her house. I guess it must have barely five minutes if I had gone by car. That seemed quite impossible…I mean, me having a car because Marylyn wasn’t that kind.

I passed the houses looking out specifically for Chas’ place. All the houses in this colony were similar to each other. I had been to Chas’ home before and as I thought of what exactly I had done there my face reddened slightly. I rang the doorbell after finding the right building.

 The blonde lady still managed to take my breath away, she was that beautiful. Mrs. Lane looked fabulous in the sleeveless navy blue knee length dress she was wearing. No wonder she was the Heidi Klum of her days.

“Oh hello Tiana,” she beamed at me fastening a pearl earring to her right ear, “It’s been so long since I last saw you.”

“I’ve been good Mrs. Lane, thank for asking. How have you been?”

“Just wonderful…why don’t you come in? I’m so glad you will be sleeping over tonight because Chas is always getting herself into herself into trouble when I am not around,” she sighed as I sat down on the luxurious looking black leather sofa. Mrs. Lane had done an amazing job decorating her house. It wasn’t cold or formal like my house, thanks to Marylyn. This house felt warm and welcoming; like always I was fascinated by the paintings set up on the walls. They all must have been priceless.