To Love, Or Not To Love

Chapter 6

I tossed and turned that night, thinking about what Will had said about me and Jem. I just wanted to help him, I mean no one should have to go through that.

That was the only reason, wasn't it? I got up, even stiffer than I had been the night before. I got up, and pulled my hair back into a ponytail and walked to the dining room, not caring if everyone stared at me because of what I was wearing.

To my shock, no one was in the dining room. Not even Will and all he seemed to do was eat, eat and train.

I walked through the hall, half thinking about heading to the music room, but decided against it. I walked to the training room, and found it was also empty.

Why couldn't they have a punching bag or something to hit up here? I don't think punching the wall would have proved very fruitful, so I just aimed the at the air, hitting nothing and just kicking.

Was it painful? Yes. Did I show that I was in pain? Not a bit. As a Shadowhunter, you learned to hide pain. I was dripping with sweat, and not from the exercise, just from the pain.

I felt a sharp pain in my shoulder, and realized that the blood from my vampire bite was seeping through the bandage and it the shirt.

“Jem might be mad to learn that you've gotten blood on his shirt.” I turned and saw Will, leaning in the doorframe.

“Have you seen him this morning? Is he doing okay?”

Will raised an eyebrow. “Oh, someone cares.”

I growled audibly, and Will cracked a smile. “I'm messing with you, sort of.” He said, then shook his head. “I haven't seen him since last night. He wasn't in his room when I went to talk to him either.”

“Talking about me?” Jem appeared behind Will and came into the room. “You're bleeding. Do you need an iratze?”

“I think she does, why don't you give her one, and I'm leaving because you two bore me.”

“Well, he's pleasant today.” I muttered as Jem pulled a stele out of his pocket and walked towards me.

As he raised the stele to the skin right below my collarbone, he hesitated. “I- I don't want to ask, but, um your blood, it seems to work-”

“Oh, okay.” I reached for a knife and put it against my hand. He stopped me.

“Not here. I don't want anyone to see.”

I slipped the knife in my pocket and we walked to his room. The glass from the night before, still stained red sat on his dresser.

He held it out to me and I cut my hand as I had before. Once there was enough in the glass, he grabbed my hand and carefully drew an iratze on the inside of my wrist.