Chapter 15

Note: this story has been published through Self Publishing. Keep in mind that the Wattpad version is only the first draft! For the polished version without the many mistakes, buy a copy!

Where can you order a copy, you ask? Please use Create Space, because they give me more royalties!

Create Space: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

On Amazon (but they barely give me any royalties).

Don't hesitate to message me about where to buy it!

========

The next day I had quite some trouble focusing on my classes, or anything else. I was too distracted by knowing I had to give my old friends up. Simon was there for me, and it was strange how comforting that was; even though we’d only been friends for little over a week, I felt like he truly was my best friend.

When he left me just outside the classroom for Special Abilities, his amazing glow changed from sad grey to deep, brooding black. He put a hand on my shoulder and smiled ruefully.

‘You’ll be fine,’ he promised me. ‘I’ll see you at lunch.’

I smiled sweetly at him. ‘Stop worrying about me so much Sime – I’ll be just fine – I’m just a little… distracted today. I’m not going to start bawling for no reason, and I won’t go running and screaming down the hallway… I'm fine.’

‘I know, but yesterday…’

‘Yesterday I was having a really hard time with everything, but I'm over it.’ Okay – not quite, but I didn’t need to say that out loud, right? ‘It’s really sweet of you to be so protective and all, but there’s no need for it.’

‘Fine,’ Simon complied with a smile. ‘I’ll still see you at lunch, though.’

‘Of course: I wouldn’t want to miss you eating your way through an entire pig, without once thinking about the poor creature that died for your meal.’ I gagged dramatically for good measure.

‘That’s my girl!’ He rolled his eyes. ‘You’re obviously well enough to be sarcastic and kind of bitchy to your best friend. Well, that’s my cue. I’m going to class.’

‘See you later!’ I yelled after him, before entering Special Abilities. This class was taught for every kind of supernatural, so I had to take it with all the other vampires my age. Weirdly, we rarely anything about vampire powers, what Special Abilities was all about, because the teacher just told the class whatever he deemed interesting.

Everyone was already sitting, so I took the only free spot left: right next to a big, brawny boy with deep-set, almost black eyes and a shock of wild black hair. There were no girls in this class except for me, since there were no female vampires except for me. The teacher was a tall, willowy man with long blond hair that fell in front of his pale face. He was wearing an old-fashioned white suit that didn’t really go with his hyper modern Nike sport shoes. His name was Mr. Gangreen and he seemed to be bit of a loner – I’d never seen him actually interact with other teachers, or with students for that matter.

‘Today, we are going to be studying bloodlust.’

The teacher began lecturing without greeting the class first or even scraping his throat or something. A few guys jumped at the sound of his voice, quickly stopping their frantic whispering and starting to actually pay attention. I had had only one class from this teacher, and we hadn’t really done anything except reading that day, so I didn’t know what to expect. From the looks on the faces of my all-male classmates, I gathered this teacher wasn’t the one to mess with.