Prompt 1-Jealousy

This chapter contains the following: topics of jealousy/insecurity, fluff+light angst, past relationships
(I don't right much angst so I'm not sure if it even qualifies as such-)

Special thanks to Tabitha H on the Magic Gale FB group for being my beta reader!

Background: Bellith & Gale were out doing a supply run. While out a couple of girls within one of the marts began flirting with Gale. While he politely declined with a flushed face, Bellith had a sour taste in her mouth. It caused a swirling ball of uncertainty and insecurity. We meet the couple within their shared Inn room.

"Bell, come now. Take my hands." Gale softly asks Bellith. He leans against the love seat stowed within the room, his hands extended to her. She reluctantly takes a step forward, her eyes glued to the floor as her hands slip into Gale's. "That's it. Now, look at me." He bows his head low, trying to make eye contact with the Tiefling. "Bells~" he sings out softly. "Gale I-" she blurts out, stopping herself abruptly. She takes a deep breath, rubbing Gale's hand with her thumb as she exhales. "After her, I've felt small. I've felt like I'm less exciting." Bellith admits. Gales eyes soften, his brows frowning. "Oh, oh gods Bellith. Hey." He brings the back of his hand to her cheek. "My love, you don't have to worry about that ever. Myst- she could never be compared to what you have given me." He hangs his head slightly, desperately searching for her flaming blue eyes. "You've kept me on my toes, you've helped me through so much. Most importantly, you've shown me love!" Gale smiles. That smile alone could cure her of any ailment. Her lips tug slightly, happiness battling with stubbornness of wanting to be angry. "Don't hide it." Gale whispers, his smile growing wider. "Gods damnit Gale!" She cries out in laughter, pushing the center of his chest. With a swift motion, Gale grips her wrist. The deep purple mark hides behind his shirt, her mark. Belliths smile falters for a moment, "More than a goddess?" She asks. Her nails trail the collar of his top. "I'd rather be mortal and watch each other grow old over being with a Goddess that wants me eradicated, her way or not." His honesty strikes the center of her chest. A pull, a want, a desire. A wish to believe.
Gale gently brings Bellith toward him, placing his forehead against hers. His hand goes up to her horns, feeling the gold caps he created and mended himself. "These, do you remember when I crafted them? Do you remember how many hair ties broke before I put these on?" He smiles. That damned smile. "Too many," she whispers. "No matter how many times you get into trouble, no matter how mischievous you can be, it'll always be you. No goddess, no elf or goblin." She laughs, leaning into him. "It'll be you, my Bell." He places a kiss on her cheek. "My Dekarios." There it is, the breath of relief that was begging to exit Gale's lungs. "There she is." Gale chuckles, wrapping his arms around Bellith. They fall back into the love seat, giggling and laughing. "Speaking of mischief, I haven't had my fix yet today." Her words trail, causing Gale to hold her tightly. "I think not! You've had quite enough mischief than I'd like for one day." He pleads, "but I haven't today!" She exclaims, trying to get up, but the Wizards reflexes are extra sharp today. "Exactly my point!" He says. As the laughter begins to lessen within their room, they share the silence for a moment. "I'm sorry." Bellith says, causing Gale to shush her. "No, Bells. You needn't be sorry for something you can't control. Overcoming your past takes time. Hells, you even taught me that." He states, brushing her hair away from her face. "I can help you; the same way you helped me." She smiles at him, "Thank you... for not giving up on me." She says. "Oh perish the thought, love. I would never dream of you not by my side. We've been through too much for you to even say such things." His voice, his words, his eyes. They all bring peace to Bellith. Finally, release.
A breath slips past her lips. Bellith leans towards Gale, giving him a kiss before looking into his eyes. "Thank you, my Dekarios." She says with a playful smile, a smile he knows too well. "Of course, my Bellith."