Chapter 2

Chapter 2

(Arthur Lockhart as my idea of Dillon)

Tears pooled in my eyes and I felt my heart was being constrict like someone caught it with a vice grip. I watched my Kevy being lead out to the visiting area by a really big burly guard. The mammoth of a brute literally pushed my love into the chair and all I could do was glare daggers at the fucker until he moved on to get the next inmate. My eyes tracked back to Kevy's face and just there mere fact that he wouldn't look me in the eye tipped me off that something was up with him.

I picked up the headset hanging on the wall and sincerely wished that those buggers at the door hadn't confiscated my little spray bottle of Lysol. I put it to my ear and stared at the top of Kevin's bent head. He just sat there still as a statue and my heart flipped over.

I knew this man from the top of his head to the bottom of his feet, and I couldn't even begin to imagine what he is going through. I couldn't even contemplate what's been going through his mind...On second thought, I could.

Right now, I can clearly tell that my man is battling with himself. I know for a fact he was going to want to play the martyr for my sake as always and tell me not to come see him in here anymore. He's going to tell me that he doesn't want me to see him this way, locked up like a seasoned criminal, that he is a criminal and that he wants to spare both he and I the heartache. Well my sweet little boo thing is going to have the shock of his life if he thought that I was going sit back and meekly accept that shit.

I could see the imaginative wheels spinning in his head as he tried to figure out how to break the news to me while he continued to sit there like a bump on a log. The situation seemed really bleak for us right now, but I refused to lie down and take the bogus trial and it's equally bogus verdict just like that. I refuse to let Kevin suffer and spend his life in prison for something that was a horrible mistake. He was just doing what he has done since the day I met him. He was protecting me from bullies, and Josh and his friends were the biggest and most persistent homophobes I have ever had the unpleasant fortune to meet and deal with for the last four years of our collegiate lives.

It was like the that fucker targeted me all the time. Sometimes I sincerely wondered if the preening peacock had shot me with a GPS tracking device at some point because he popped up like a bad rash every time and anywhere I went on campus, and his mindless drones would follow him and proceed to put on a show of harassing the fags for the masses. Of course, it pissed off Kevin to no end and there should be a special place in heaven allotted just for me after how many times I have successfully soothed my hot headed beast of a boyfriend.

Underneath all that fire and aggression, I know there is the heart of a hero, my hero. All he has ever done was take care of me, love me, and cherish me like I was the most precious thing in his world. Like I said, if he thinks after all our history together that I am going to leave him in here all alone to wallow in his misery all by himself, then he has no idea of exactly who I am.

"Oh for Christ's sakes." I mumbled as I rolled my eyes. I took the handset away from my ear and banged it on the thick plexiglass separating us. Kevy startled out of stupor and jumped a little in his chair. He looked at me for the first time since my arrival and I took note of his red rimmed puffy eyes and the dark circles under those gorgeous peepers. I tried my best to keep my worry from showing on my face.

For the first time, I wondered if being sent to this place is too much for Kevy to deal with, but just as quickly as that morbid thought popped into my mind, I pushed it away. My baby was strong man, he is a fighter, and we will get through this somehow. No way can this be our reality.

I know I didn't take the news well and I dwelled in a very dark place for weeks after his sentencing and that must have freaked him out to no end. I quickly realized that his well being is tied to mine and if I went to shit then my Kevy was going to fall apart as well and even more so because it's deeply ingrained right down to his very soul that it was his job to take care of me emotionally, physically, and even spiritually.