nine, comfort.

NINE 🗞️ ˎˊ˗
real life
⚠️ mentions of blood (?)

"connor get off him!" i yelled over the current raging crowd, pushing my way past so i could get closer to him

finally, what seemed like ages, i'd pushed past the ragers, my eyes set on connor as i grabbed his shoulder, turning him around and away from the fight and i don't think i've ever gasped so loudly in my life than now.

"connor, you're bleeding!" my eyes plastered on his now bloody lip and side of his eye but other than that, it didn't seem he had any other huge gashes on him.

"madison, i'm fine.." he muttered before hissing in pain. i looked behind to see ethan being helped up by some of his friends that had attended the party, his nose gushing with blood, a black bruise on his forehead and i could have sworn his tooth was slightly chipped.

"you're not fine and you and i both know that." i grabbed his hand, weaving in and out from the crowd as we walked upstairs, in search of the bathroom.

"really..? in the same place alex and ethan made out in? i'm gonna need to disinfect this place after this." connor scrunched his nose up as we entered the bathroom and i couldn't stop the giggle from leaving me then.

"sit there." i pointed at him to sit on the counter once we reached the bathroom as i searched for the first aid kit. "maddie, i said i was fine." he sighed out, holding against his eye wound as i grabbed the kit from a nearby cabinet, searching for the utensils needed.

"you're anything but fine. now hold still." i held an antiseptic wipe between my fingers, gently dabbing it against his gash, the blood immediately seeping into the wipe as i cleaned the blood away.

"you packed quite a punch back there. seriously, i think you might have broken ethan's nose." i chuckled to myself as i threw there the wipe away before grabbing another one to work on his lip. "good. he deserves it for slut shaming you in front of everyone like that. how do you even date someone like that maddie?"

"hey, you don't know the type of relationship me and him had! he was actually really sweet, even before we started dating." "you sure that wasn't a front up for who he really is. which is an absolute asshole?"

"you're one to talk. if i remember correctly, you were an absolute asshole when you decided to break up with me out of nowhere, connor!" i exclaimed out, rendering us both in silence as we looked on the floor.

"...you never even told me what i did that made you want to break up with me that day. was i really that bad of a girlfriend to you?" i practically pleaded then. it may have been 2 years but i always wanted an answer for why the heck he thought it was okay to break up with me during probably one of the most hardest eras of my life...

"no mads... you were never a bad girlfriend." he answered simply. "then what is it then?? please enlighten me!"

"i can't tell you!" he exclaimed out before falling silent again, resting his face in his hands before groaning aloud. my eyes widened at that. "what do you mean you can't tell me? you can tell me anything connor!"

"not this...i- i can't tell you this princess. trust me, it's for the best. for the both of us." he tried to reassure and i couldn't stop the scoff of humourless laugh leaving my lips as i crossed my arms at him.

"now where have i heard that before.." i felt my voice break, my eyes growing bleary from tears once again. do not cry maddie.. do not cry in front of him...

but no matter how much i convinced myself to, the tears didn't stop. "princess.." connor spoke softly, reaching out to me before i jerked away. "no...please don't touch me."

"maddie i'm sorry.." he began but i cut him off swiftly. "no it's fine. you have nothing to be sorry for. excuse me." i spoke, brushing past him as i left the bathroom and walking downstairs, pushing past the crowd once more, in desperate need for the exit.

i needed to get out here.

"maddie!" i turned around to see my friends approaching me, concerned looks on their faces. "are you okay? you and connor were up there for a while." aurelia spoke, her hand on my shoulder.

"yeah, i'm okay." i wiped my hands over my eyes subtly, hoping it wasn't obvious that i were wiping away tears. i didn't want my friends to be worrying over me more. "i'm just kinda tired. i think i'm gonna head out for tonight."

"are you sure? we can go with you if you want to keep you company." sam offered but i were already shaking my head. "no, i don't wanna hold you guys out on having fun. seriously, i'll be fine."

"we're not leaving you to go home alone maddie. we're coming with you." hayden concluded, grabbing his keys from his pocket as he and the others stood by my side and i could feel happy tears well in my eyes. i seriously didn't deserve any of them.

"do you also need a ride ellie?" sam asked, eloise looking a little stunned at first befofe it faded. "no i'm fine. brady's driving me home and besides. he and i have a little business to take care of here."

"we do?" brady asked cluelessly before wincing in pain from eloise's small jab to his chest. "oh uh- i mean, we do!" he sputtered, a nervous laugh and smile leaving him as him and eloise disappeared into the crowd.

"weird..." hayden scratched the back of his head, the rest of the friend group looking as confused as he does before they left, walking towards hayden's car.

"hey mads, you feeling okay? you look a little pale." hayden suddenly spoke, making sam and aurelia turn to see the wells girl looking a few shades lighter.

"am i..?" i asked obliviously, feeling weak all of a sudden as i stumbled over a few of my steps, both aurelia and hayden immediately going to my side, holding me up.

"maddie! are you okay?!" "i'm okay..i guess i was little more tired that i thought.." i held against my head, which was oddly pounding a lot. i squeezed my eyes in pain.

maybe i needed to just sleep it off...

"i don't know...have you eaten at all today maddie? i didn't see you eat anything tonight either.." sam asked worriedly. "guys i'm okay seriously, i just wasn't hungry. don't worry about me."

"..if you say so." hayden muttered, climbing into the car as he stood on the gas, taking us home.

━━━ gianna's notes,  maddie, yk damn well you ain't fine (acting as if i'm not the one issuing this onto her

━━━ gianna's notes,  maddie, yk damn well you ain't fine (acting as if i'm not the one issuing this onto her.)

double update today because i have no school this week <3

💐 >>>  anatomy  /  ༉‧₊˚.
chapter nine, comfort.