Chapter 4

I smiled as I got out of Ricky's car and looked up at the house infront of me, apparently according to Ricky a date is a day at his house, not that I was complaining.

I'd told Josh about Ricky asking me on a date and I'm guessing Ricky had atleast told TJ and Chris as the three of them would grin at us at school when we were near each other, which towards the end of the week had gotten rather irritating, not that Ricky had seemed to mind.

"Oh, wow.." I exclaimed as I walked into his house, I heard him laugh under his breath as he walked in behind me "Your house is massive!"

I wasn't lying, it really was. He lead me into the kitchen which was bigger than my living room.

"Do you want any food or anything?" Ricky asked and I shook my head.

"I'm fine." I replied as I watched him make a sandwich as he leant against the counter, he ate while I sat down on a stool.

"Soooo..." I said as I spun around on the chair and looked at the lights in the ceiling.

"You said, the day we met, that you play the guitar didn't you?" Ricky asked as I stopped spinning and looked at him.

"Hm? Yeah, why?"

"Well how much do you play?"

"The basics I suppose."

"If you want... I could teach you some songs or something..?"

I smiled "That sounds good."

Ricky finished his sandwich and went upstairs to get the guitars as I sat in his living room.

We sat opposite each other on the floor with our legs crossed beneath us as Ricky taught me how to play 'When you can't sleep at night', we'd laugh and joke in-between him showing me what to do.

I really think I like him. At least a little.

More than a little..

Maybe..

"Tyler? Ty?" Ricky said as I came back to my senses.

"Hm? What?"

"Your playing the wrong chord"

"Oh, sorry. I zoned out" I said as I moved my fingers to the correct cord.

"You okay?" he asked. I nodded in reply as I looked down at where to place my fingers.

After another half an hour of trying to play through what Ricky had shown me I sighed in frustration "I give up, I'm never gunna be able to play it!"

Ricky laughed quietly as he put his guitar down "Well let's do something else then?"

"Sure, but what?"

"Well we could go out for chicken wings?"

And that's exactly what we did, we got in Ricky's car and went to get chicken wings, we were in the que about to order when I heard a familiar voice.

"Ricky and Tyler sitting in a tree k-i-s-s---"

"TJ how old are you?!" I said quickly as I shot around and sent him a glare, he grinned in responce as he was sat with the rest of the guys.

"Trust you to take her out for chicken wings." Angelo said

"Trust you to be here eating chicken wings." Ricky replied

"Come sit with us." Chris said and Ricky looked over at me

"Sure" I said as I shrugged and me and Ricky went and sat with the guys, who were sat in the corner of the room after we'd ordered.

"Sooooo, how's it going?" TJ asked as he still had a grin on his face.

"It's going just fine, Thomas." I replied and he scrunched his nose up at the use of his real name.

"Ugh, only my mother calls me that." TJ said in disgust

"Maybe I am your mother." I replied

"Then why are you dating one of my best friends?" he said as he sat back in his chair

"I am not dating him!" I said defensively as I folded my arms

"So why are you being so defensive?" he grinned more

"I am not being defensive!"

"Hey guys, stop it, you're making the poor guy blush." Josh interrupted as we all turned to look at Ricky.

"I am not blushing!" Ricky protested.

"Well I can see different." Josh said

"Shut up, Balz."

"Now who's the one being defensive?!"

The arguing ceased as the chicken wings arrived and we all began eating. The topic of conversation changed and I listened happily as I ate.

"So my sister keeps having her dick of a boyfriend over who she knows I hate, and we keep getting in arguments over it." Josh said as he let out a sigh.

"Ugh, is she still with him?" Ryan replied as he took a bite of a chicken wing.

"I wouldn't give a fuck if I couldn't hear them fucking or him bitching about me through the wall." Josh furrowed his brow as he spoke. During all of this Ricky had slowly entwined his fingers with mine and we sat there holding hands under the table, which I have to admit, did give me slight butterflies in my stomach. I couldn't help but smile about how clichè it was.

After Josh was done rambling on a waiter came and asked us to leave as we'd been sat there for hours and it was now nearing evening, me and Ricky unlocked hands as we all headed outside, we continued conversation out the front as TJ and Ricky both a had a cigarette.

"So Tyler.." Josh said as he came to stand next to me with a smile on his face "I take it you like Mr. Olson over there?" he raised his eyebrow in Ricky's direction as he nudged me gently with his shoulder, I smiled in return as I looked over at Ricky.

"I guess you could say I do..."

Josh's smile turned into a grin and he draped his arm around my shoulders "Tyler your blushing."

This time I nudged Josh just as Angelo called to say he was leaving with Ryan to check out new drum kits or something before the stores shut.

You know how when you call a dogs name their ears stand up and they turn and look at you instantly? Yeah, well that's what it felt like happened with the guys, they all instantly turned to look at Angelo, all declaring that they were coming too. They all quickly left with few goodbyes and it was back to just me and Ricky again.

"Didn't you want to go?" I asked as I walked up to Ricky.

"They'll be other times to go and look at guitars and drums." he replied as he took the final drag of his cigarette and threw the butt on the ground, exhaling the smoke as he laced his fingers with mine again, I replied with a smile.

"Home then?" he asked

"Sure thing." I replied and we headed towards his car that was parked down the street.

--

"I'm sorry that I didn't have anything better planned." Ricky said as we stood on my doorstep, furrowing his eyebrows slightly.

"No, don't be sorry, today was fine." I replied with a smile, he smiled in response.

Before I could register what was happening Ricky slowly leaned down and softly pressed his lips to mine, my stomach exploded into what felt like a thousand butterflies as I slowly began to move my lips in time with his, I felt him smile before he slowly pulled back "Goodnight Tyler." he said quietly as his smile grew wider.

"Goodnight Ricky." I said softly and he gently pressed his lips to my forehead before he headed back to his car as I headed in my house. When I'd shut the door behind me I swear I had the biggest grin on my face I'd ever had.