Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Dean's POV:

I was forced to go back to school considering Spence was not marked so I had no proof that him and I were mates. I actually went to class and stared at Spencer's empty seat. I had a pack meeting that friday night so I was forced to stay home. My father thought I was seeing Tessa and my mother knew who I was actually seeing.

So here I was, sitting and waiting for this stupid pack meeting to be over.

"Dean settle down." My mother said placing a hand on my shaking leg. I hadn't noticed I was shaking my leg but I was itching to get out of here. My father came over with a big smile on his face.

"Dean I want you to meet someone." A girl stood out beside him with strawberry blond hair and brown eyes. She had on a pencil skirt and a blazer.

"Dean this is Samantha from the Rivaini pack." He said motioning for me to stand up. I shook her hand and her smile faltered to witnessing no connection between us. I kept the smile on my face and looked quickly at my father.

"It's a pleasure to meet you." I said.

"As to you..." She said sadly. I let go and she was called by her father and I sighed.

"Well?" He asked hopefully.

I shook my head and he sighed frustrated. I sat down and my mother placed a hand on my shoulder. My phone buzzed and I took it out and my jaw literally dropped to the floor.

'He's awake' -Tessa

My mother must have read it because she nodded as I looked up.

"What is it?" My father asked.

"I will discuss it with you later, darling. Once our wonderful guests have left." She said, I didn't hear his response because I was already grabbing my jacket and keys and was out the door. I reached into my pocket as I got into my car to have a smoke when I glanced on the package to notice a sticky note placed on the front.

"You promised..." I read softly. It was signed by Spence at the bottom and I growled placing the package down. I sped off onto the dark road and towards his pack house.

-----

It was close to midnight when I pulled into the driveway, I ran up to the front door and knocked on it and his mother opened it and smiled but her smile was still somewhat sad. She let me in and I walked in past her and towards the infirmary. As I walked in Tessa walked out with her head down and she looked up at me.

"Dean..." She began but I was going past her and she stopped me.

"Dean wait!" I stopped and looked into her eyes as my heart race quickened.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Spencer's right side of his body is paralyzed Dean...Doc said it's a fifty-fifty chance if it will all come back after his brain swelling goes down." She said. I looked past her and at the wall.

"Dean I'm sorry...As soon as he woke up he was asking for you." She said. I nodded quietly and walked past her and into his room. Bandages were wrapped around his head and his left eye was open. He smiled at me and only the left side of his face moved. I moved the chair over to the left side and sat beside him. I looked into his one eye and he frowned.

"Where were you?" He asked and I sighed heavily.

"I had a pack meeting. How are you feeling darling?" I asked.

"I can't feel the right side of my body, I feel like somebody swung a bat at my head and I want to get up and walk around but I can't." He sighed. I smiled and grabbed his hand and squeezed it tightly.

"You scared the shit out of me you dumbass." I said and he laughed.

"I figured." He chuckled and I shook my head.

"It's not funny." I began smiling.

"Your eyes literally rolled into the back of your head, your nose was bleeding and blood was coming out of the side of your head. I thought you died and they wouldn't let me see you." I said.

"Yea, doc put me on seizure medication because I have been having them due to my brain swelling. I should be fine soon though...I hope." I frowned at his disbelief and stood up and pressed my lips to his half working ones. My hand touched the side of his face that he couldn't feel. I pulled back and pressed a light peck to his lips.

"You will get better. I swear to God you better or I will kick your ass."

"You are going to kick a paralyzed kids ass?" He teased.

"Probably not. But I will keep smoking." I tested and he frowned.

"Fine it's a deal then." He smiled. His smile made me grin and I pressed my lips to his once again and cupped his wonderful face.

"Get some rest." I whispered sitting back down.