Angry Father

Introduction

~1995

"Angel, come on we have to go!" My older sister, Wendy, yelled at me pulling me away from the playground.

"No Wendy! Let me go! I don't wanna leave!" I yelled, crying like she was slaughtering me.

"I don't care what you want!" She yelled, yanking me up. I kept crying and crying until she finally turned around and slapped me in my face. I fell to the ground, grabbing my jaw, about to start crying again, until she walked above me.

"Look, I'm sorry I slapped you. But you should've stopped crying. It's not that big of a deal, you'll go back to the playground tomorrow anyway." She picked me up and carried me to the car.

"I'm sorry I kept crying Wendy." I said as she finished buckling me in my carseat. She smiled and kissed my forehead.

'It's okay, kiddo." She turned around in her seat, started the car, and drove away from the playground.

The skies of the city of Nashville were grayer than usual. And it was only 3:00 in the evening. The only guess Wendy and Angel made was that there was probably a storm coming. But it didn't seem like a storm. It seemed as if more than a storm was bound to happen. And unfortunately, it did happen.

When we got home, I heard screaming from the house. It was so loud that we heard it while we were still in the car.

"Wendy, what is that?"

"...I don't know. I'm gonna go see what's up. But whatever you do, do NOT get out this car." Wendy got out of the car and went into our house.

I sat down in my carseat patiently. When Wendy went inside, the screaming stopped. Every noise everywhere had stopped actually. It was as if the whole world went silent.

That's when.......I heard Wendy scream.

I got so scared I almost wazzed my pants. She kept screaming for several seconds, until someone else screamed with her. The same woman screaming before.

I slowly unbuckled my carseat and got out the car. By the time I did, the screaming stopped. I slowly walked to the front door that had a little crack in it. I slowly pushed it open.....and I saw Wendy.....lying on the floor.....covered in blood....with her eyes wide open. I wanted to cry right on the spot, but at the same time, I wanted to puke because the sight was so disgusting. I walked over to her and bent down, shaking her a little. She didn't move, which made me start whimpering. Tears flowed down my face as I looked at my older sister, lying before me, dead covered in blood.

I stood up, feeling as if something else could make this worse. I turned around and saw another body. It was the body of an older woman. She was in the same condition as Wendy. I walked over to look at her. I realized she looked slightly familiar. It took me 5 seconds to realize who she was. As more tears started to flow down my face, I said through a cracked voice

".....................Mommy...?'