Runaway

Molly's POV

"We say no and that's final!"

I slammed the front door shut, muffling their annoying and demanding voices out, and sprinted across the lawn to Niall's house. I knocked repeatedly on the Horan's front door trying to blink the tears away but giving up quickly. Once the door opened a slight bit, I pushed the rest of it open and immediately hugged the person standing in front of me.

"Woah, you okay kiddo?" I heard a deep voice. I looked up through blurry eyes and saw brown hair, which meant that it was Greg.

"No," I squeaked and dug my face deeper into his shirt.

"Want me to take you up to Niall?"

I thought about it for a second and then nodded. Niall would understand why I'm crying. I felt myself being picked up as Greg made his way up the stairs. I heard a door open and then a gasp.

"Is that Molly?" Niall whispered. I imagined Greg nodding as he held me out. "Here, I'll take her. Thanks."

For a moment I felt all cold and lonely but once I was in Niall's embrace, I felt warm and loved. He laid me down onto his bed and I felt him lie down next to me.

"Come here." He held his arms out and I didn't think twice about crawling into them. He stroked my hair gently, moving the strands that had fallen in front of my face, and moved me closer to him. I circled my arms around his torso and let my tears fall faster. I didn't even stop the sound of my sobs from coming out.

"I'm guessing it's bad news," he sighed. I nodded my head and wiped the front of my face into his shirt.

"T-They wouldn't even let m-me explain!" My voice was shaky and my body started to tremble. Niall pulled me in tighter and kissed my cheek, trying to sooth me.

"What did they say, word-for-word?"

"No!" I exclaimed. "All they said was no!" I sat up and looked at him. "They wouldn't even hear me out," I shook my head in disgust. "We say no and that's final!" I mocked them in high pitched voices and waved my arms everywhere. Niall opened his arms again and I slipped back into them without another word. "There's no way I can go with you."

"What if I told you that there was a way, but it's sort of bad." I looked up at him with a confused expression as he bit his lip and took a shaky breath.

"How bad?"

"Really bad." He looked down at me and then looked away, shaking his head slightly. "I'm going to hell for this," he muttered quietly, probably not for me to hear.

"Tell me, I'll do anything." I don't understand why I'm so eager to go back, but all I know is that I don't want to be separated from him again.

I needed to stay with Niall.

"You're probably not gonna like it," he drawled on, giving me a sorry look.

"Just tell me!"

"Go with me, but don't tell your parents." I was confused for a moment, but my eyes widened once I caught on.

"You want me to run away?"

He bowed his head and nodded stiffly.

"I told you it was bad. You don't have to do it if you don't want to."

"Do you think it'll work?" Am I seriously considering this? Do I really want to run away from home? I mean, it'll be for an entire year. That's a long time.

"I hope, you just have to be secretive about it."

See, this is why you shouldn't be reunited with an attractive long lost best friend. He'll make you want to do shit that could completely alter your life.