Chapter 4: Home is Where it's Safe

TCO enters the house while limping. He sets Y/N down on the couch. Sadly, he doesn't know where most of her stuff is so he was not able to go find bandages, he doesn't even know if Y/N has bandages. In the meantime, he used some tissue.

A few minutes pass until Y/N woke up. They look at TCO, then at his arm in shock. Y/N gasps and immediately go to the bathroom for bandages. Guess they did have them after all.

His blood starts to drip from his arm and onto the couch's cushions. The tissue wasn't doing much. They quickly come back and start cutting the gauze pad. They clean the wound and apply the bandages. TCO hisses at the pain. They then start to apply them to Chosen's arm and start to apologize profusely.

“I am so SORRY Chosen! I shouldn't have pushed you to go out with me. We should've just spent the whole day in the house. If we never went out, this probably would have never happened. I am SUCH an idiot…”
Y/N says while tearing up a bit.

“Hey wait… Please don't be so hard on yourself. You would've never known this could happen. Plus, the cut is going to heal after a while anyway…”
TCO says as he tries his best to comfort Y/N.

“But you still got hurt! I could never forgive myself for this. Your head is like a rollercoaster right now and then you get a scar on your arm.”

“I know, but you shouldn't worry about it. I get scars and bruises like this all the time… So you don't have t-”

“ALL THE TIME!? What do you mean…all the time? You're saying you're just getting beaten up day and night?!“
Y/N interrupted

“Well I… Why do you care anyway? It's none of your business. ”

“I care because I see you as a friend. I care about your health because I hate it when my friends get hurt. Your health is one of my priorities so of course I'm going to worry when you say that you get beaten up all the time!“

TCO didn't know how to respond to Y/N's answer. He didn't know that they cared so much. He looks down at the floor and back to them. Silence fills the room for a few minutes until he breaks it.

“I've been hiding a lot of things from you.”

“What?”

“The reason why I was hurt in the forest, why I was acting weird today and…why that stick person came to your home. My life had something to do with it. I wanted to hide that from you because I didn't want you to think more or less of me.”
TCO explained

“Why are you so worried about the way I think about you? I mean I'm your friend! Whatever you do, I'd never stop liking you!”
Y/N replies with genuine care in their voice.

“I… Don't know. I guess it's because I never had someone I could truly call a friend before until I met you. Well… I did once but he.. Went on a path that I didn't want to walk onto.”
TCO says while looking down on the floor.

“Do you want to talk about it?”
Y/N asks

TCO shakes his head in a no. He doesn't seem to be comfortable talking about him yet. Y/N gives a concerned look and after a while, rests their head on TCO's shoulder. He blushes profusely at this but feels a sense of comfort from it.

“Well… If you ever feel comfortable enough to talk about him, we could do it here, because home is where it's safe.”

TCO slightly smiles at the sweet response. They really have a way of words.

“Okay…Thank you”

MEANWHILE:

The Mercenaries walk up to the elevator to inform their boss the news about TCO. Primal, Ballista and Hazard can't help but stare at Agent. His bandages and burns really stand out from him. It was silent for a minute until Agent breaks the silence.

“Do you have a problem?”
He says, slightly irritated

“Nooo. It's just that… Damn dude what happened?”
Ballista responds rather concernedly

“Ballista's right. What did he do that did…this?“
Primal says after Ballista

“I'm… Just not going to say anything.”
Hazard mumbles

“You 3 will find out soon enough when we notify victim about the news.”
Retorted Agent

When the 4 finally reach victim’s Office, they each get ready to tell what they observed.

“Ugh… Let me guess. He's still not found?”
victim asks with a bit of annoyance in his voice.

“Um… Actually, he isn't dead. I saw him in StickCity today.”
Primal answers

victim's eyes widened at what he heard.

“Yes. I, Primal, saw him in a café with some (f/c) stick person. I think they had coffee and bread or somethi-”

“What? No way. I saw him feed ducks in the park with the same stick person! But the place was filled with a bunch of stickpeople so I wasn't able to get him without raising suspicion. When almost all of them left, they ran somewhere.”
Ballista interrupted

“They went to the Floral Field where I was searching. He was picking flowers with the same stick person. I was able to talk to him but he ran before I was able to get him.”
Hazard followed

“They live in that old (2nd f/c) house in the forest. I tried to get him to comply and come back since he was in a weak state but he insisted on fighting. I was able to get him but he froze and burnt my face. After that, the stick person came so I didn't get the chance to pause both of them. I didn't have a choice but to leave. I was, however, able to plant a locator on his back.”
Agent said

“I apologize for my actions. I wasn't thinking straight. I could've got him but I was too tired to.”

A few soft and short “ohhs” and “ahhs” then came from the rest of the mercenaries. victim chuckles at their responses and observations. He was finally able to find him.

“I am satisfied with what I'm hearing. Go and get the guards and sentinels to train and get ready to capture TCO and his… friend.”

Everyone except victim says “okay” and leaves. victim chuckles and laughs at the news. He was finally able to capture TCO once more. Watch out Alan. They are coming for you.