Chapter Two. (Updated)

My palm's we're sweaty, butterflies we're fluttering around in my stomach and my anxiety was beginning to slowly creep its way in. Ivory's death grip on my hand was the only thing keeping me from running ten miles away into the sunset. With each step we took closer to the lads, the more courage I pushed myself to muster up. You know what? Why the hell not? I have a lot of things in common with these guys. I mean, I'm human and they're human too. We could talk about how great it is to be human and how life is so awesome when you live in a country where guns are illegal so people can't carry it around to shoot you, like they do in--

"What is up, my dudes?" Ivory grinned widely as she sat down next Josh, ruffling up his surfer boy blonde hair as if she'd been friends with him for ages. Josh's hand went straight up to his long locks, scratching it while his facial expression was dead-set confused and screaming 'the fuck?'

Quickly, Julie sits on the same bench as Ivory but she was sat on the other side next to Taylor and waved to all of them.

I looked around at the school grounds and there weren't many people sitting outside today, not willing to tackle the chilly weather and grey skies but there we're a few students scattered around and their eyes were glued to the scene before them, aka, us.

All that courage I had mustered up had magically turned into absolute terror.

"Are you lost?" My attention was back on to the table and Drew was looking between Julie and Ivory, his British accent still quite thick and prominent.

 "No, I'm Ivory." She looked at him like he was on drugs.   

I was standing behind two muscly figures, Drew and Chase which was right across from the girls and of course, I hadn't gained up the courage to sit down as of yet, contemplating running away. "Sandy, wanna come join us?" Everyone's eyes turned towards my fidgeting figure and Ivory gave me a stern 'you better sit yo ass down right now girl!' kinda look.

I gave a nervous laugh, "Yeah, of course why wouldn't I want to sit down?" I laughed again. I could just feel the word vomit wanting to escape but I kept my mouth tightly shut, not today word vomit, not today.

I quickly pushed my way in between Chase and Drew and with a little bit of awkward clumsiness and some good old-fashioned push and shove, (which was kind of hard considering these guys we're huge) I was able to successfully sit between the two of them and smiled at the table. "Greetings." I waved. 

My smile dropped instantly, greetings? What was I? An alien now?

I looking around at the table and forced a little smile on my red face, noticing everyone had different expressions on their faces. Drew looked quite amused, Ivory was cheekily smiling at me, Julie was slightly nervous, Taylor was annoyed and Josh was still absolutely fucking confused and scratching that bloody head of his. 

However, there was one person's eyes who I didn't want to meet --just the thought of doing so had my palms sweating once again. When our eyes would meet from afar, that had been enough to intimidate me so sitting right next to him had me shitting my pants just a tad bit.

"Can we help you?" Drew spoke up once again, looking at us with his blue eyes shining in the light.

"We just wanted to hang." Ivory shrugged and quickly Julie and I nodded our heads along with her.  

"Hang?" Josh now questioned. "With us?"

"Yes, with you. Surely you guys can't be that bad, right?" Ivory slapped his arm playfully and laughed but that quickly died down when she realised no one was laughing along with her. "Alrigghhtyyy, tough crowd." She whispered to herself.