Chapter 34

I am so so sorry for taking so long to update. With school finishing for summer, so much has been going on. This week  i would've lost my head if it wasn't screwed on ha ha

This chapter is short but I needed to give you all something and didn't want to make you wait any longer. I am going to try and work out a routine for the summer so you will all know when I am going to upload.

Thank you all so much for the amazing comments. It's amazing how so many of you are all thinking the exact same. Seeing so many readers now reading this story really has choked me! but  in a good way. Thank you all so much!! You are all truly the best xxx

All my love and appreciation Mel xoxo

P.S I am going to try and upload again by the weekend if not before xx

Chapter 34

Jaxon had a good Lawyer and if I didn't know better, I would say he was costing just as much as mine was, so he had to have money, I thought to myself. I had already had a background check done on Jaxon and had found out quite a bit about him but not as much as I would've liked. There was something they were hiding but what; I had yet to find out. I knew he was married to some rich business man's daughter and that he had a child as well as one on the way. Apparently he had no family of his own but was now working towards, taking over his father in-laws company, of what that was; I had yet to find out. I had a rough idea that whatever it was, it wasn't legal but I wasn't ready to open up that can of worms, encase it endanger Isabella's safety in the long run.

Jack, Paul, as well as the rest of my friends have spent every minute digging for more information, in hope they would find something and hopefully it wasn't what I had been dreading. The creaking of the old wooden door snapped me back to the present. My stomach felt as if it flew up into my mouth, until seeing my lawyer smiling happily.

I jumped out of my seat waiting for him to tell me the news. Even though he looked happy, I wasn't going to get my hopes up just yet. Standing just to the side I bounced up and down on the spot as I waited for him to stop talking to our rival, Jaxon's lawyer. I could feel the sweat starting to run down my face as I waited. I wanted to interrupt them so badly that I was literally biting my tongue to stop me lashing out. My fists clenched and unclenched as I began to pace the small corridor. God what was wrong with these people? couldn't they see what they were doing to me? I mentally questioned.What felt like a life time later, my lawyer approached me.

"Joshua you need to calm down." I wanted to scream at him but continued biting my tongue to the stage where I could taste my own blood. Taking in a deep breath to calm myself, Mr Downs, my lawyer spoke up. "Ok we've managed to get the permission for Isabella to give her statement in separate room." "YES!" I screamed feeling so relieved. "But" Just as my heart began to slow he had to give me a big bloody 'BUT' making my heart feel like it was going to explode at any given second.

"It will be done through live streaming tv." All the relief I felt, Vanished, as that wasn't going to help us at all. Yes at least Isabella didn't have to come face to face with that slim ball, but he would still be able to see her and that was what Isabella didn't want more than anything. I couldn't speak. I felt so mad. Mad I couldn't stop this and even madder that my lawyer had thought that this was good news. Needing some fresh air before I blew up, I stormed out of the courts into the busy high street.

Taking in some much needed air, I slowly started to calm down knowing that no matter how mad I got it wouldn't change a thing. My phone rang and seeing Isabella's name flashing, a smile graced my face. "Hello my love" I greeted sounding so much happier then I felt. "Hmm I don't know how to say this but my waters have just broke and I'm in the ambulance on the way to the hospital." I left out a startled scream as I began to search for my car keys whilst running towards my car.

"I'm on my way, don't go anywhere! Oh you can't but you know what I mean. Don't move, don't have that baby. Hold onto her till I get there." Isabella cut off my excited/panicked rambling, as she cried out with what I guess was a contraction. A few seconds passed and then I heard Isabella's sweet angelic voice.

"Take your time because the paramedic said the baby is not going to come for a little while yet." Hearing that somehow eased me a little as well as knowing she was in good hands.

"Baby why today? The first day I leave you alone" I know I sounded stupid whining but I couldn't help it. "I love you baby girl, just promise to keep our little princess inside you until I get there?" I know I was asking the impossible but I didn't want to miss the birth. I have been waiting excitedly for this day for so long and missing her birth would break me.

"I'll try" Isabella replied through her laughs. "Well I'm going to hang up now because the paramedics want to do some checks. I'll talk to you soon though yes?" Hearing the nervousness through her laughter made me feel so bad for leaving her alone.

"Of course you will. I love you Isabella." I replied quickly as I started the car. I heard the faint I love you too before she hung up. I hated hearing her gasping for air as she suffered through a contraction, I had read up enough, to prepare me to help Isabella through her labour as well as the antenatal classes we both attended.

Pushing my foot down, I sped down the highway breaking every speed limit along the way but right now I didn't care. I called everyone letting them know what was happening, in hope that one of us were near enough to the hospital, so Isabella wouldn't be alone when the ambulance arrived. Knowing Isabella can be a stubborn one at times, I wanted to be the first one there because I knew she wouldn't let anyone know she was in pain. Isabella always tried to act tough and strong and believe me she was the strongest person I knew but deep down I also knew she was fragile.

******************

OMG Isabella is in labour!!!!

I'm so happy right now ha ha

I hope Joshua makes it in time