Chapter 5

CHAPTER 5

Donovan arrived at the property that the Maxwell Estates once stood on. It looked as if sometime recently there had been a bad fire and the entire apartment complex was burned. The air smelled of freshly burned wood.  The main building only had a few walls still remaining  all burnt badly just waiting to be demolished. Donovan drove around the property and he saw an older man walking around. "Excuse me do you know what happened to these buildings?"

The older man looked at Donovan really a little startled "rumor is the owner and his family lived here he was upset one night with his wife and he burned her and the apartments" the man still continued to stare at Donovan "you look so much like the older son that lived here, are you any relation to the ST James family"

"No sir, not that I am aware of. So it was Charles St. James that lived here." Donovan raised his eyebrows at the man.

"Yes, and are you sure you are of no relation, you are the spitting image of Max St. James "

"Sorry don't know them, thanks for your help"

Donovan got back in his car confused how could his dad know someone who was so vicious that he would kill his own family. Donovan decided to go straight to the Fertility Clinic maybe he would get his chance to meet this Charles St James since he worked at the clinic. As Donovan walked into the clinic he caught a familiar scent. He walked up to the receptionist she had her head down. As she looked up to offer help Donovan smiled "Tamara"

Tamara Kendrick was Donovan's girlfriend his first two years of college. Donovan was a student and Tamara held a part time job at the clinic on campus. Once Tamara's father found out about them he made her leave her job and break up with Donovan. Tamara and Stephan's father had a strong dislike for pack life and did not want his children becoming a part of a pack.

Tamara smiled reached up and hugged him across the counter "Donovan, I missed you so much" she went to kiss him but Donovan pulled away from the kiss.

Frowning at her he adjusted his shirt. "Sorry Tamara things have changed, I've found my mate, I don't think she would appreciate me going to see her tonight with another females scent on me."

Tamara visibly upset "you found your mate huh" she was quiet for a moment "so what brings you by then?"

"I am trying to get some information on Charles St. James" Donovan lowered his eyebrows at her sensing her mood change, he didn't think he'd get much out of her now.

"Why" she asked angrily.

"It seems that he and my father may have been some sort of business partners I think" He shrugged his shoulders.

Coldly she answered "Charles St. James has not been to work for over two months we do not have any information on him and we are not suppose to discuss him" tears started falling from her eyes "now please leave"

Donovan tried to find out what had her so upset but she threatened to call the police if he didn't leave. As Donovan was leaving out he noticed a picture of his father in the hallway. Not sure still why or how his father was connected with this Charles St. James he was now even more determined to find out.