Skimpy Red Bikini

CHAPTER SEVEN ~*~*~ Skimpy Red Bikini

The four day trip from the port in San Diego all the way out to Isla Guadalupe near Mexico wasn’t how I had imagined it to be. Ryan, his parents and I had arrived in San Diego together, but only Ryan and I had hopped on the boat or vessel as they called it, out to Isla Guadalupe. It was out there that they would sink a cage down into the water where you could see the Great White Sharks up close. I thought that it would be filled with daredevils, but to my dismay, it was filled with jocks and girls who looked like Paris Hilton who flocked all over the much younger Ryan. My Ryan.

We spent the first day exploring, getting to know the other fourteen people on the vessel and getting acquainted with the boat crew and our diving instructor. The second day we learned all the techniques about diving and the general etiquettes with becoming friends with sharks. Although the weather wasn’t great that day and was too dangerous to dive, we did see whales, dolphins, sharks and otters on the surface.

I skipped onto the deck. The third day was beautiful, the sun was smiling and nothing could go wrong since it was the day we’d finally get a chance to go swimming with the sharks. Even the Paris Hiltons, who were all lined up on deck in skimpy bikinis, sun bathing while drinking a Bellini or a Cosmo, couldn’t have bothered me.

I turned to Ryan, who had woken up only fifteen minutes ago and was now sleepily rubbing his eyes. “Hey wanna have breakfast on the deck today?” I asked him.

A murmur of recognition tumbled out of Ryan’s mouth, but his thoughts were completely elsewhere, and all it took was to follow his line of vision to see who had preoccupied his mind: Christa Hebert.

Figures – I can’t even say I’m surprised.

Christa was exactly the type of girl you’d love to hate. Not only was she insanely gorgeous with big, doe eyes, long flowing blonde hair, and a luscious figure with curves in all the right places, she was also the epitome of awesomeness. Down to earth, outgoing and energetic, Christa looked like a supermodel, but had a personality and a love of dirt-bikes that rivalled any tomboy’s. 

Before I had the chance to turn Ryan’s attention elsewhere, he raised one arm up in the air and started waving at her frantically like some star struck teenager. “Hey Christa,” he called out and I inwardly groaned as I dragged my footsteps after him to where Christa sat confidently on a lounge chair in a bright red bikini.

It wasn’t like I disliked her – we both enjoyed the same things and she was nice to say the least – but I wasn’t exactly fond of her either for whatever the reason.

Christa turned around at Ryan’s voice, whipping her golden locks in an array of sparkles as she smiled at the both of us.  “Hey there Ryan. Hi Dannie.” Her hand waved briefly at the chairs beside her – motioning for us to take a seat. “Isn’t it gorgeous out? We’ll finally be able to dive today for sure!”

Ryan sat right down beside her without hesitation. “I can’t wait for that!” He exclaimed. “I’ve been waiting to do this forever.”

Christa laughed and flicked a loose curl behind her shoulder. “Oh and guess what?” She leaned in and whispered something in his ear that made the both of them crack up before Ryan whispered something equally as secretive back.