Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Donovan arrived home after his two hour drive. He walked in the house slightly depressed now that he was separated from the girl he was all too certain was his mate. His mate the thought made him smile. He looked around the house for his mother. As he walked through the house he could smell the sweet smell brownies cooking, his mother ever since he was young made brownies on the weekends and would sit them out for him and the other pack members. Donovan followed the scent into the kitchen. When he reached the kitchen he found his mom. He walked up to her singing a song, he pulled her around twirled her and danced with her for a little while. "Well somebody is in a good mood" she smiled at him.

"Yep" he cheerfully said and kept on dancing.

Now dancing with him she giggled at how playful he was being. "And I suppose you've spent time today with Alpha Kerrington's daughter"

"Sure did" he kissed his mom on the head "and I plan on spending more time with her soon, being that she is my mate" He said with a huge grin.

His mother stopped dancing with him and pulled him into a big hug "Congratulations, when do I get to meet her?"

"Soon Mom" he grinned for a short while, but it quickly turned to a frown as he thought about how they will have to be live separately until she is at least 18.

His mother noticed his quick change "What's wrong" She brushed a hand across his face.

"She's only 17, I am not going to get to spend a lot of time with her" he paused for a moment "Definitely not as much time as I would like." He pouted.

His mother hugged him "It will be fine, just be patient, and for now enjoy what ever time you spend together."

Donovan spun his mother around again and then gave her a kiss on the cheek. "I will enjoy what I can" he smiled at her. He grabbed a brownie and poured himself some milk. "Where's Riddick, I wanted to start looking over Dad's old financial statements so we can have everything ready for the accountants and lawyers on Monday.

"I believe Riddick went home for the night. Get some rest and start on that paperwork in the morning." His mom then patted him on the shoulder "Goodnight" she kissed him and went to bed.

Donovan looked at his cell phone and decided to call Deni. He called twice with no answer. She must be sleeping he thought. So he sent a text -miss you good night

The next morning Donovan woke up checked his cell to see if Deni ever answered his text, she didn't, which left him a little down. But he still went on and sent her another one. -Good morning beautiful.

She replied -hello handsome, u sleep well

Donovan was excited she was replying quickly -slept well, had a dream about you :)

'Aw' Deni thought to herself -so sweet, when will I see u again