⚠️Workaholic ➤ heejake ➤ smut

I FORGOT THIS WAS IN MY NOTES SINCE HEESEUNG'S BIRTHDAY LAST YEAR, SO I FINISHED IT IT CUZ IT WOULD BE A WASTE TO KEEP IT MY DRAFTS FOR A LONG TIME

-
NOT PROOFREAD

Heeseung as an author/writer

Jake as his demanding boyfriend

-

Having a well-known author as your lover is often wonderful, especially when you're something of a writer as well.

With common interests shared, it's easier to plan out dates and other activities. Gift-giving also doesn't require much head-scratching.

Having a well-known author as your lover can also be a headache, that much is true for Sim Jaeyun. He isn't doing it for a living, of course, so he won't exactly know how much stress Lee Heeseung can sometimes feel, especially when deadlines are near and his editor is hounding him for his chapter backlogs.

Still, it was nearly midnight, and Jake expected that Heeseung would at least relax for the day and spend the evening and early morning with him, eating the spread that he had painstakingly prepared the entire day.

"Deungie, c'mon, just a few hours celebrating wouldn't hurt!" Jake whined, clinging on his lover's broad back.

Heeseung grunted in protest. "I still have two chapters to submit by tomorrow, Ikeu. Just eat without me."

"But it's your birthday!"

"Yes, Baby I know..."

"Hyungieee!~"

"I'll try to make it to dinner before midnight. Leave me alone for now."

Jake huffed, clearly annoyed. No amount of pouting or complaining could get his lover out of that stupid mesh chair in that stupid home office. The furious tacking of his hyung's keyboard only sought to irritated the younger further.

Stupid keyboard. Stupid laptop. Stupid book. Stupid editor. Stupid Heeseung.

Heeseung could barely ignore with the loud stomping and the loud slam of the door. He knows that he'll have to make it up to the smaller later on, which can sometimes be difficult if Jake is truly irritated. It wasn't as if Jake was asking too much – just a few hours of his time, but still.

Heeseung's arguments about keeping to his desk are starting to dwindle, it seems. But he kept to his decision. Two chapters and then he'll celebrate with Jake. He still has 3 hours to go before midnight, anyway. The earlier he can finish his chapters, the more time he has celebrating his own birthday with his lover.

So, he immersed himself in his work again, too busy to care about the world and the muffled sounds coming from the kitchen. Jake was probably calling up his friends to complain, but that's a matter for later.

A creaking sound slightly caught his attention, but maybe that was just Jake checking in on him. That man never really did know how to properly hold a grudge against Heeseung. Nevertheless, Heeseung decided to ignore his surroundings in favor of the midnight setting of the scene he was typing, something about an escape and a shootout.