Chapter 64

Chapter 64

"Rylie I can't take you with me." Chace refuses to give in as he puts on his watch and grabs his phone and keys from the dresser.

"You can't leave me here waiting to find out what's going to happen. I'll stay in the background away from everything." Rylie scoffs at him while following him out of the bedroom.

"No you won't, you never do. You're going to have our first child. You don't know how to stay back, you get yourself involved in all sorts of things, you need to stay here." He says firmly.

"That's not fair Chace, it's your fault I'm pregnant, you knocked me up." She quips touching him on the chest with her finger.

"Are you telling me you regret it?" He says seeming unsure.

"Of course not, that's not what I said, we just, you just made me feel.....Chace this has affected my life to. I want to see him caught just as much as you do. Take me with you." Rylie insist grabbing his arm.

"Ry.....I can't and I need to go now." Chace says kissing her on the cheek. "I love you." He says hurrying down the stairs.

"Chace....?" Rylie yells at him. "I'll call you to keep you informed." He yells back at her going out the door not waiting to hear her say how much she loves him and worries about him.  Banging her fist on the bannister Rylie starts down the stairs then changes her mind.  Going back into the bedroom she grabs her cell phone.   "Monique, how much do you know about Aiden's family in Winchester?" She ask her.

Aiden remembers the streets and alleyways well from his teen years. Sneaking through several unrecognized and making his way around and through several now abandoned buildings he ends up on another more familiar side of town keeping low. He catches a news broadcast as he passes a beauty salon with its TV on showing his face as a person of interest the police want to talk to.

Chace has finally arrived and is looking for the shop that Leland texted him to meet them at more than an hour ago.  Making his way toward the location he sees a man he recognizes standing on a corner of the block talking on his phone.  Chace thinks he knows who he's talking to.  He calls Leland and Sander letting them know his location wanting them to meet him.  Chace remembers seeing this man when he dated Sharna, he's one of her father's people. He can't wait any longer the man is on the move.  He follows him a block down the street and around the corner watching and waiting to see who the man is here to meet.

"Are you sure this is the way?" Rylie ask finally entering the town of Winchester, VA driving around the block and down another dead end street while getting directions from Monique.  "Yes, I think this is where he told me his grandfather's antique shop was. Just keep driving or let me drive. It's around here somewhere."  Monique says looking around the streets.

"That's your problem Monique, you never listen, we're lost. Chace is out here somewhere looking for Aiden and I can't find him. He's too stubborn, he won't listen. God I hate that man and love him at the same time." Rylie remarks feeling frustrated as she backs up and makes another turn going in the opposite direction.  Monique sits on the passenger side trying not to let sink in how happy and settled her sister is with Chace Braxton.  She envies what Chace and Rylie have but is also happy that Rylie isn't harmed by the things that she's done. 

"Oh shut up Rylie, I need to think. I want to catch Aiden more than you do. Did you call Jackson and ask him where Chace was?"  Monique asks.

"Of course I did, do you want to call him again. No don't do that, we'll never catch Aiden once you start telling Jackson the things you want to do to him sexually.  Dammit, he hasn't called me back. Neither has Leland or Sander. I swear men, it's like their all pumped up about this. This is a game with them, anxious to see which one of them can bring Aiden down the fastest, I just want this over.  I want Chace home safe and....and.....Monique look?"