10. ℝ𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕒𝕝𝕖𝕕 𝕀𝕕𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕚𝕥𝕪

~ 2.3k words ~

Anakin's Pov
I held her bridal-style as I snuck into the closest alley I could find. It's not the safest choice but I get far away with her being unconcious.

I carefully placed her on the ground in a sitting position with her back facing the brick wall. I used my hand to hold her up straight as I used the other to shake her arm.

"(Y/n), (Y/n) I need you awake, come on. Wake up." I tried waking her up as I was talking low enough for no one else to hear. I sigh once I realize what I was currently doing wasn't working. I decide to try one last thing before fully giving up.

I moved my hands in front of her face and started clapping loudly. The entire alley echoed with the sounds my hands made. I did one last clap before groaning as I gave into my anger. So I slapped her. Pretty hard too.

I see her face move to the side as my hand made contact with her cheek. Her eyes open wide as her hand immediatly rises to cover her now red cheek. I quickly started to feel guilty as her (y/e/c) eyes stared directly into mine.

"Did you just... did you just slap me?" She asked in slight disbelief. I shrugged with a chuckle as I stood up before holding out a hand to help her up. She scoffed and slapped my hand away. I guess I deserve that attitude.

She started trying to get up on her own by only using the brick wall behind her as support. I quickly noticed her leaning on the wall while panting, meaning she's feeling dizzy and should not be capable of standing up straight without the possibility of passing out. I'm not taking that risk.

I sighed as I wrapped an arm around her waist, supporting her weight as she unconditionally leaned into me. She kept mumbling "Let go of me," and "stop it," but I knew that without my arm as support she would collapse on the ground in mere seconds.

"Stop being a baby, we need to concentrate on finding a safe place to stay." I tell her while trying to be stern. It was hard to have a stone-face on as one could easily tell that she was still slightly drugged from the poison. She was acting like a real drunk.

She leaned her forhead on my chest as she closed her eyes with a slight whine. "Mm... where is Piett?" She mumbled, being comepletly oblivious to the incident that took place less that than 20 minutes ago.

Once she mentioned Piett's name I felt my heart sink. I haven't been given the chance to really think about his actions. What he tried to. He was so kind to (Y/n), only for us to find out it was all some stupid scheme to gain her trust. And to fool me into believing he actually wanted to help her.

"He's not coming with us." I tell her while trying my hardest not to let my voice break. She looked up at me with slightly red eyes. Though, I have no clue if it's because she's sad or if it's because she's high.

"What? But why not?" She whined as she pouted her bottom lip. I sighed and tried ignoring her as I started to lead us out of the dark ally. It was about time we get out of here, it's not very... pleasent around these parts of Metropolis.

She didn't seem to care about my actions of being ignorant and instead kept leaning on me. It slowly got harder to walk properly as she dragged her feet more sloppily. It was fine at first but once her way of walking got in the way of mine I knew there was only one way to move faster.

So I adruptly picked her up; swooping her into my arms. She let out a small yelp as I most likely took her by suprise. I thought she would resist but apperently she decided to make this easier for me by wrapping her hands around my neck. I couldn't help but smile down at the drugged girl in my arms. This is not how I expected my weekend to go. Or her birthday for that matter.