Hotter Than Hell - I Wish

Chapter Eighteen – I Wish

[RECAP] “Ryan’s alive.” We both said together.

“And he has my parents Jason.” I added sadly.

“I’ll get them back, I owe you that much for doubting you.” Jason promised.

“What do we do?” I asked stepping aside for him to enter.

“Detective Webber and I came up with a plan, if it works all this will be over in two or three days.” Jason explained.

“What’s the plan and how can I help?” I asked.

Jason shook his head, “No Kaleen we can’t discuss it here, the longer you stay here the more danger you’re in.” Jason replied and I frowned in response. “Listen he called you on your home phone which means he knows you are in the house and that means he’s watching you himself or he has people watching you for him. So we have to get out of this house before he changes his mind and decided to grab you instead of doing the exchange at the restaurant.” Jason explained.

“oh.” I replied with frustrated sigh. “I just want this to be over and done with.”

“I promise it will be over soon.” Jason said pinching my cheeks lightly; the small gesture alone left me breathless; I turned away from him quickly, hoping he didn’t see what his touch had done to me. Our relationship was long over and I couldn’t let him see how he affected me so he could start getting ideas about us getting back together.

“So where do we go from here.” I asked.

“A safe place.’ Jason replied simply.

Thirty minutes after we left my house we stopped in front of a cheap motel called ‘cheesy’, I thought the name was very fitting judging by the motel’s appearance.

“Why are we here?” I asked Jason whiles removing the seat belt. “Don’t tell me you need to stop and eat something! This place looks poisonous.” I scolded him whiles wrinkling my nose in disgust.

Jason chuckled, “No Kaleen, I’m not here to grab a bite, this is where I met detective Webber when I was undercover, at the end of everyday at Raven High I would come here and give him a report. He and some 20 cops occupy the third floor of this motel, you could call it our base and now we have to meet detective Webber to discuss the plan.”

“oh.” I muttered stepping out of the car; I was immediately hit with a foul stench that I couldn’t identify when I stepped out. “Are you serious!” I asked Jason whiles choking on the stench. Who would want to stay in a motel that stunk like a rotten corpse?

 “I can’t go in there.” I told Jason sternly.

“Come on.” He said impatiently and grabbed my hands forcefully. Luckily for me the inside didn’t smell so awful and I was able to breathe again once we were inside. We had to take the stairs because the elevator wasn’t working which really didn’t surprise me, as a matter of fact I wouldn’t even be surprised if the whole building collapsed with us still in.

We stopped in front of a door with number 86 written on it, Jason knocked on the door three times before we heard a deep gruff voice respond.

‘Who is it.” the unknown voice demanded, the door was still shut tight.

“It’s freelance.” Jason replied dully.

Three seconds later the door opened, and behind it stood an overweight beefy man staring at us, I almost said “geez buddy cholesterol isn’t love you know” but Jason glared at me just as I was about to say it out loud. So I kept quiet and followed him in.