The Chronicles of Cow-Dolphin

This is a story I wrote for my brother XD It took under three hours and was completely his idea. I found that this wasn't completely terrible though, so I figured, why not? lol. This gets kind of violent though, so warning ;) Enjoy. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I

            He was a man no one knew and a man that no one feared. Why would they fear him? He was harmless, wasn’t he? He had no hold, no power, to lord over them. That is, until he created his greatest mutant.

            Burney Mac was a classic mad scientist. The same kind you saw in TV shows or movies. He liked splicing animals together or trying to mutate himself. He had eleven fingers as a result of one of those experiments. He also had an assortment of strangely put-together animals—a cat with a fin, a lemur with wings, a pig with a long fuzzy tail and a dog’s brain, and so on.

            Everyone thought he was crazy. Maybe he was. But Burney believed he could make a creature that would be absolutely unstoppable. So that’s what he set out to do. He made so many different mutants, every single one varying by the slightest attribute, but none were strong enough or fearsome enough!

            One day in his lab—a warehouse he had rented for an indefinite amount of time—he had success through an accident. His intent had been to splice a dolphin and a lion, but as he prepared the lion for the experiment, his cow escaped. That cow wandered all over the laboratory. She drank concoctions Burney had put together and spilled a jar of acid on a flying chimp. Ol’ Bessie caused a load of trouble for the mad scientist. Since he didn’t feel like trying to catch her, he figured he’d let her run about. Maybe when the lion-dolphin hybrid was done, it would find a nice snack in Bessie.

            Burney was in the middle of checking the requirements for his splice. Check. Check, Check. He didn’t even notice when the cow had wandered into the splicing chamber. Bessie stood inside, her tail flying and hitting the button.

            Burney didn’t even know what had happened until there was a high-pitched “Oooh-ee-ooohh” sound coming from the machine and a bright green flash.

            Burney screamed, “No!” and turned around, trying to press the abort button in time. But it was too late! The cow-dolphin hybrid had already been made. It was like nothing he had ever seen. It was in the shape of a cow, except there was a fin sticking out from the back of its neck and the cow tail had been replaced with a dolphin’s tail.

            “This ruins everything!” the scientist said, shaking his head in disappointment.

            The cow-dolphin hybrid mooed, dolphin-like chirps breaking it periodically. The scientist ranted on and on and on. Little did he know that he was annoying the cow-dolphin. The mutant was unhappy with this, this complaining about him.  Cow-dolphin was intelligent! He was powerful and now semi-aquatic.

            Cow-dolphin was unstoppable!

            So he rammed his head into Burney’s back, making him fly forward onto the ground. Burney cried out in pain, holding his scratched elbow. “Damn you, vile creature!” He batted at creature with his good arm. “I wish you’d never been made! You’re of your own creation!”

            Cow-dolphin reared back with a mighty moo-chirp roar. He butted Burney again, so he was lying flat on his back. Then he proceeded to trample him with his hooves until he was swimming in a pool of his own blood, paralyzed.

            He moo-chirped again and took a large bite out of Burney’s dead arm. Cow-dolphin chewed it up and gave another victory roar.

            He was unstoppable!

            He was infinite!

            He was cow-dolphin.