The complicated life of a Prince's servant

UNKOWN POV:

I wish to tell you all a story. Now before you all even begin to make assumptions i want to tell you first that this story was not at all ordinary. This is more a memory than a story, one that just so happened to a friend of mine, a very dear friend of mine. We were both servant girls who worked in the Palace, cleaning and sorting anything that need sorting. 

We would talk about court gossip till the stars shined above us and the fire had long died out. We were both young then and were both naive to see that one day my friend, Anna and her close friendship with the Prince would affect the kingdom for years to come. Now i know what you all must be wondering. how on earth did a servant girl affect a kingdom and its future king? It is not as easy to say as it is to show, so i shall write and hope that you will learn that anyone...no matter who or where can affect the biggest changes of our world.

1465 A.D.

ANNA's POV

I yanked the large silk curtains back, allowing a burst of sunlight to filter in through the stone engraved windows. A groan sounded from the large four poster bed behind me. I smiled shaking my head as i turned to see Prince Phillip rolling around in the silk sheets of his bed, stubborn as the day he was born.

"My, my the prince still in bed well past dawn. I see problems in the future for the kingdom already." i teased. Prince Phillip grumbled something that i couldn't quite make out. "And mumbling when the King is in the room." i added my voice thick with disappointment. The mention of his father being in the room with us made the prince jump out of bed, his legs getting tangled in the sheets and toppling over the edge with a resounding 'oof'.

I swallowed my laughter allowing only a small giggle to escape, showing my amusement. "That's more like it." i said, walking past the tangled mess infront of me to the bath where i prepared the water for his highness. "W-where's my father?" The prince asked huffing slightly as he untangled himself from the sheets.

I couldn't help but chuckle, shaking my head as i stepped back into his bedroom with a clean set of clothes for him to wear to lunch. "He's was never here. I only said that because that is the only way on heaven and earth that can get you out of bed before the dinner bell goes." i mused placing his clothes on a chair neatly.

"If my parents weren't paying you i swear i might already be dead" he grumbled brushing a hand through his dark brown hair. "Nope, even with the wages they pay me, it is not nearly enough..." i said nonchalantly as i made my way over to his bed, moving past him with a grace i had learned to muster well after working nearly my whole life in the Palace walls. 

"nearly enough to what-?" Prince Phillip frowned as he watched me remake his bed in under 3 minutes. "I was saying, their wages are not nearly enough to pay off the horror of having to wake up and see your face every morning." i teased as i brushed past him, making my way to the door so he could change in peace. 

Now if you are thinking that the Prince would start yelling at me for my indescretion and careless words i must stop you there. The prince and i have been great friends since the first day i had been assigned to him.

Especially since i was probably the only one who wouldn't put up with his rude comments. Over time we got used to one another and soon became friends. He accepted my comments and always found someway to try and beat me in an argument.

Let's say i almost always won every match, but he would never admit to that of course being the proud prince he was. "Oh Anna, how you wound me. And its barely been 10 minutes" he mused, placing a hand over his heart in a mock hurt, the motion causing his white tunic to form to his muscled chest.

His green eyes sparkling with amusement. That was probably the one thing i like most about the prince. his eyes. They were as green as the moss growing on the rocks in the garden near the start of the forest. The prince was tall, taking after his father King victor-who was almost 23 years his senior tomorrow. I heard the Ball would be grand in favour of the king's 7 years of ruling over the kingdom.

I could already imagine everyone dressed in their very best. The knights and the royal council dressed in flowing tunics of silk and satin while the Ladies of the court would dress in flowing floor length dresses that would accentuate their supple bosoms  and rosy red cheeks.

I of course and other servants would only have the pleasure of dawning a simple artistic outfit while we served the crowd drinks and food. I knew even if i were of noble birth i would never look as dashing and handsome as the women i see at the Balls.

My breasts were small, my hips only slightly curved that you wondered if they were there at all, my eyes a deep grey and a head full of golden blonde hair that fell way past my shoulders. My skin was slightly tanned from working outside in the sun and my hands were dry and slightly rough from years of working and cleaning and my nails were always getting damaged and split. As you can only imagine i was no lady.

 "Oh, you'll be fine, Your highness." I scoffed rolling my eyes. "Besides i bet you have a secret closet hiding extra little egos of yours like the one i just bashed into the floor." i smiled, the prince chuckled, shaking his head at me. "How many times do i have to tell you Anna to call me Phillip?" He smiled.

"As many times as you wish, your highness, but as always...i shall continue to ignore it every time. Enjoy your bath." I announced with a smile before giving a quick curtsy and sweeping out of the room without another glance backwards. 

Even through the closed door i could hear his booming laugh as i made my way down the silently buzzing corridors. I saw one of my friends Mitilda step out from a small broom closet carrying a bucket filled with water and several rags and sponges.

She nodded as a greeting before swiping the small red tendrils of hair that had managed to escape her bun sitting atop her head. "Good evening Anna! i see you've had to wake the prince up again." she mused flashing me a smile.

"Yes, and i'm afraid that Prince will sleep till the sun has died out and we are once again replaced by dinosaurs and he won't even realize he's missed breakfast." I chuckled taking the other edge of the bucket she was holding, helping her lift the giant thing as we made our way through the Castle stopping in places where items would need shining and polishing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

what do you guys think? you like? i think this is going to be a really good one hope you enjoyed the first chapter vote comment and FAN if you like too!!! btw just wanna make it all clear to you guys i have no idea of history or the customs of this time so do not try and make historical facts known or something because this is only for fun so don't take what i write in this story to strong or serious if things do not make complete sense.

-Jakie <3