Prologue

Hope you guys like it please leave comments on what you think.

When he finally woke his head was hazy and he was drenched in sweat. Not even a complete thought could form properly in his mind. Everything around him was dark, but the light of the moon gave off an eerie red glow making the shadows around him even more untrusting. Though blurred vision, a result from drifting in and out of conscience, he could make out a figure walking toward him. It was tall and lean, enclosed in black shadows. It seems to hesitate a moment as if to watch and see if he was still alive. After he let out a low groan trying to move his body finding it uncooperative and a sharp pain erupted from his side causing his eyes to water. Only then did the figure move closer seeing the pain him was in and that he was very much alive. It knelt by him, a cloak covering its body almost completely and the rest was hidden in shadow.

"Shhh now all will be well. Just relax and rest everything will work out in time." The voice was sweet, but it seemed to find pleasure in his pain.

Even with his clouded mind he could make out that the figure was a girl. By the way she spoke, how her hands looked so delicate compared to a man he had known, and what he could make out of her face with the red glow of the moon.

She lifted her hand and unlaced her cloak. She knew it was risky to show herself to this boy, but she needed him to live if she was going to get the answers she needed and given that he was bleeding from a deep wound on his right side it was the only way. She pressed it there in a way so it didn’t cause much pain, but he still winced at her touch.

        Looking up into the face of the girl, he saw the soft features and her strawberry blonde hair hung right above her shoulders and bright blue eyes that seemed to pick up the light from the red moon making them look almost red themselves. A mischievous grin appeared across her lips, it seemed so out of place on such a sweet face was all he saw before the world went black around him.