Chapter 11: His mom caught me checking out her son

Chapter 11

I stared up at the house, intimidated. I was here to hang out with Cyrus… not for my mom’s job. He actually asked me to come over. I know, the last time I came was somewhat similar but Cyrus invited me this time. I dragged my bag out of the passenger’s seat and walked up the steps to the front door. I went to knock but the door swung open.

“Hey!” Patricia nearly shouted, smiling at me. She glanced behind me.

“Your mom’s running a bit late?” She asked with her eyebrows slightly furrowed.

“Actually… I’m here to, uhm…” I began, nervously. What was I supposed to say? ‘Your son and I are friends and we’re going to hang out today.’ Actually, that doesn’t sound too bad.

“She’s here for me, Mom.” Cyrus said, butting in as he galloped down the stairs. His mother’s eyes widened slightly as she glanced from me to Cyrus.

“Oh, okay then. Come on in.” Patricia said, warming up almost immediately.

“C’mon.” Cyrus said, sending me an apologetic look as he scowled at his mother.

“Leave the door open.” His mother said, placing her hands on her hips. I laughed loudly.

“I can promise you, nothing like that will happen.” I said, grinning. She winked and walked to the kitchen, humming.

“I can’t make any promises.” Cyrus teased, winking as well. I felt my face burn red as I scowled at him, walking up the stairs.

___

As we entered his bright room, I smiled at my mothers work. His room was done the way my mother’s workers set it up, not only is there dark blue but there is also gray, black, and different shades of blue. He closed the door shortly after. I glanced at him with a raised eyebrow. He shrugged.

“She’s never up here anyway.” He said. I nodded, standing awkwardly in the center of the room.

“You gonna stand there or sit down?” He asked, amused as he sat on the new couch. This couch was gray and had blue throw pillows that matched the curtains. I walked over to the couch as he started up the Xbox 360. I smirked at him.

“What?” He asked, pretending to hold some sort of innocence. But he and I both know that there is none of that left in him.

“I know what you’re doing.” I teased, sitting down on the nice couch.

“What?” He asked again, smiling innocently. I saw the hint of smugness behind his eyes.

“You think that I have no experience with Xbox after I skillfully whooped your butt on PlayStation 3.” I retorted. He glared at me for bringing up the event as he tossed me a controller.

"What game?” He asked as he scrolled through the games he had. I glanced at each one, uninterested. Most of them were fighting games. Someone’s a violent little boy.

“MINECRAFT!” I shouted loudly. He winced as he clicked the game, giving me a confused look.

“What do you want to build?” He said, setting it to multiplayer.

“A big house.” I replied, grinning.

“A mansion?” He asked, raising an eyebrow at my childish behavior.

“Yeah, whatever.” I said, shrugging. He laughed.

“Okay, I place the first row and you follow behind me, placing the second.” He said. I nodded, grinning wickedly.

___

After he went around 6 times, placing brick, and I sneakily broke every block he placed except for the first layer. He walked away, trying to get a view from a distance. I watched his expression change from proud to confused. I grinned as he squinted at the screen. He turned towards me.