Chapter 39

First I would like to apologize for the extremely long wait, here as of late I've had no motivation to write....anything. Which sucks because I have other stories that need to be updated but my brain is like 'Nope, F you.' XD

So this is a head ups for you guys, updates will be slow, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to update, I plan to finish every single one of my stories, even if it kills me. XD

Felice:

The making of the dipping dots went well....ish.

Other than Jack stupidly dipping his fingers into the liquid nitrogen, no accidents occurred.

We managed to make several batches of dipping dots. We made rainbow, cookies and cream, chocolate, vanilla, butter pecan, banana nut, and sherbet.

Which is A LOT of dipping dots, but at least it would last awhile and Jack would have something to snack on.

"Lets watch a movie!" Jack demanded with a grunt.

I rolled my eyes.

"Like what?" I questioned as he pulled out a movie from my movie shelf.

I looked at it from where I stood and instantly I begin to quickly shake my head.

"Hell no, absolutely not! cazzo no!" I deny.

In his clawed hands he held the movie Saw. Yeah as if I'd like that crazy clown watch SAW of all movies!

The last thing I needed was him learning new methods of torture, the clown had access to the freaking internet and had access to money somehow. I don't need torture instruments showing up at my front door from FedEx, or worse having a torture chamber built inside my cabin when I wasn't home.

.....Maybe I need to check around just to make sure he hasn't already done that.

"Why the cazzo not?" He snapped with a whine.

I raised a brow.

"Google translate Flower, now I can understand bits and pieces of your ravioli language." He smirked.

I roll my eyes at the ravioli part.

"Because I said so." I huff with annoyance.

He ignores me and puts it in anyways, but before I could begin chewing him out, my phone begins to ring. Giving the clown a heated glare as he snickered I pick up the phone.

"Ciao?" I greet

"Felice pumpkin." A voice croaked, Robert.

My heart dropped, instantly I knew where this phone call would go.

Martha. Her health was at an all time low, it was at the point she didn't even know what was going on. Robert and I knew she wouldn't be getting better, but out of desperation we clung to her, wanting desperately for he to live.

With all of their retirement money spent on her hospital bills, Robert was struggling to maintain the shop and bills. So every paycheck I got or any money I received, I made sure to give Robert enough to get by.

"Papa?" I question worriedly.

"Felice, its Martha, she's....its her time." He said, his voice cracking up.

I scramble up and begin packing my clothes to go over there. I grab a random bag and throw whatever clothes I can find, I barley take notice that Jack has stopped his movie to look over at me. Watching me curiously as I rush to find things I would need.

"How long does she have?" I question, holding the phone between my shoulder and head,  I babble and mutter to myself in Italian as I make sure I have everything,

"I'm not sure, I think she's waiting to see you darlin, are you busy?" He  trying not to cry.

I begin to tear up, I desperately try not to cry. My heart felt as if it were in my throat, and tears blur my vision.

"No, I'm not busy, I'm on my way now papa, I'll be there soon." I croon soothingly to him as he began to cry, I could tell he was trying to keep himself together, but he had been holding it in for so long.

"I love you Felice." He whispered shakily.

"I love you too papa, I'll see you soon." I whisper back before ending the call.

I look over to Jack.

"I need to go into town, Robert needs me. Martha is...she's." I cut myself off as I bit my lip to keep from crying.

"She's going to die." Jack finishes with no problem or emotion.

I nod quickly as I hold my mouth to keep from sobbing.

Jack walks up to me and grips my chin and makes me look up at him. He runs a finger up my cheek then looks at the wetness that has gathered on them. He looks at my tears with interest then to me.

"How does it feel?" He questioned curious.

I look at him as a hick escaped me.

"How does what feel?" I question.

He tilts his head and traces my face with his hand.

"Sorrow." He states.

I shrug.

"There are no words that could accurately describe how it feels, the only way to know is if you experience it yourself." I murmur.

I lean up and kiss him.

"I need to go." I say and to that he nods and goes back into his box in a puff of smoke.

I quickly grab the box and run out of my cabin after locking it. I run into town as fast as I could, using all of my energy to run to Robert and Martha's.

When I reach the shop, I fling the door open and run upstairs. I slow to a walk and calmly walk into their room, heavy pants escaping me. I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror. Faded fiery ombre hair wild and tangled, orange eyes red and full of tears, and my cheeks heavily flushed from the running I did.

Martha is the first person to reach my line of sight. The once plump elderly woman was now skinny and looked far older than what she was. She laid weakly in her hospital bed beside their original bed, monitors beeping and the sound of an oxygen machine puffing fills the room as well as her raspy breaking. Her eyes open and meet mine, they were glazed over and she weakly holds a frail hand out for me, using the only energy she has to do this. I quickly sit beside the silent Robert as I take her hand, my own hand shaking as tears begin to fill my eyes.

I've never lost anyone like this.

I don't know how to deal with this.

She gives a weak smile as her lips twitch, her eyes looking between Robert and I.

'I love you.' She mouthed before she looked up at the ceiling and closed her eyes.

Monitors go off and beeps fill the room.

Robert and I are silent.

Don't kill me!!! DX I know its a d!ck move of me to drop this chapter on you guys after such a long delay. But at least I updated right?.....I'll go hide under my rock now ;-;

Anyways tell me what you think.

Am I rusty or nah? I think I did better than last chapter, but that's just me. XD

Have a wonderful day/night!

Annnnd as always, I'll see you guys in the next update!!!  c: