.12. - The Dream Girl

Sam

I hadn't any clue about why all the clan leaders, excluding the Roamiis, were here earlier. They were easily spotter as I was walking back home to The Palace, one stood out to me. I knew him as Stamos of Keloke, and I spotted him leaving the home where the boy that went missing lived so I hid around a nearby corner.

An old man walked him out and they laughed about something before he took his leave. Before he left, however, he spoke of a girl. He said something about how she was normal, but he could feel something wrong with her heart, like an irregular beat. He also mentioned something about her eyes and how he could tell that it was just paint. I remembered him telling the old man to be careful and that he wouldn't tell. 

I grew confused about what he was talking about but as soon as I went to walk, Stamos walked by me. Luckily he didn't see me or else I would've been toast. The house looked familiar, and then a face came to mind. The serving girl? She lived here. Could he have been talking about her? There was only one way to find out, and I was going to do it. Peering around the corner to see no one, I continued my walk. It took me a good eleven minutes to walk back and as soon as I did I stopped Nel. "Ah, Service Nel." He looked up and bowed.

"What do you need, Sire?" 

I looked around the walls of the Palace and smirked. "I need you to go the house of a Keloke Warrior. I need you to go to the one where the missing boy lives." I could tell he wasn't quite sure why I had asked that. "There is a Servant that lives there. Brown hair and brown eyes. Tell her I am requesting her presence at dinner tomorrow tonight. If she refuses to come, you have my permission to personally remove her." He nodded and bowed once more before going back to standing still. "Make sure she's in her nicest attire," I commented as I walked back to my room.

It was quite cold in my room as I took off my fancy clothes and stripped down to my pants. Tiredness took over my body, pulling me in to its false bed of comfort. The candle by my door was still lit, so once I blew it out I headed straight for my bed and slept.

~~~~~

The wind blew my hair as I stood out by our only big body of water. The air smelled of salt, the water nipping my bare feet. I had never been out by the water before, not this one. Though recognizing it wasn't a problem at all. My father had told me that this water was magical, you can tell by how the waved rocked the shore and left shiny particles of dust behind. 

There was a subtle humming coming from my left and then my name could be heard. "Sam. . .Sam. . .Hear me, Sam. . .Listen for my voice, Sam." The voice faded in and out, calling my name repeatedly. My head turned to the left and there stood a girl with brown hair. She looked no older than seven or eight. She looked so familiar to me, but a name wouldn't come. "Sam. . .Come to me, Sam. . ." 

"Do I know you?" You would think that a little girl would terrify you, but honestly, this wasn't scary at all. It honestly felt. . .comforting. "Where are you from?" 

The girl turned around and stared up at me. Her brown eyes seemed dim, almost like they carried a heavy burden. There were dark circles under her eyes and her eyelashes looked wet, just as her cheeks did. Her brown hair was matted, her arms bruised. "Sam," she whispered. "Sam, listen to me." She reached outwards to the water. My gaze followed her hand and saw my father. He was smiling as he held a little girl that looked like the one standing in front of me. Her body looked limp, and I didn't understand why he was smiling.