That Awkward Moment When You Get The Talk From Your Old Man (24)

Chapter 24 - That Awkard Moment Whe You Get The Talk From Your Old Man

Chase's POV

Why was Destrey here with a really hot familiar looking girl. Wait a minute ... Is that Elle!!! What the hell happened to her!?

Her hair was completely different!! Instead of its usual dark blue and red and it was streaked with pink and fluro green. It all of a sudden became really long, did she have extensions put it?

My dad nudged me on the arm, "Who's that over there?" he followed my eyes to Elle and Destrey. His thin lips pulled into a smirk as he looked back at me, "is that the girl?"

I just nodded my head, all of a sudden my dad practically sprinted off to the booth. I smacked my hand to my face, this was not going to end well.

He hurriedly talked to them both, Des looked a little freaked out before he registered it was my dad. He stood up and gave him a big bear hug. Destrey introduced Elle to my dad. I wanted to smack myself in the face for nodding when dad asked me that question.

He turned around slightly and met my eyes, "Come over son, no need to be shy," he grinned at me 

I sheepishly smiled and walked awkwardly over to the table.

Elle took one look at me, her small amount of happiness died when her eyes met mine. Lord kill me now so I don't have to see this beautiful yet hurt face anymore. I don't want to cause her anymore pain.

My father slapped me on the back cheerfully, "Who would'a thought we would see cousin Destrey and his little friend here," Oh dad, you were so naive. He sat next to Destrey, shit, does that mean I have to sit next to Elle! Oh god this is gonna be more awkward when I turtle is on it's back and can't get up.

I try to sit down but Elle moves away quickly, "Im sorry but I have to go. I just remembered I had to train," She grabbed her wallet and began to walk away. I watched her leave and realised that her tattoo was exposed, the one that marked her as a fighter. The one that got her money, the one that showed others she wasn't weak, that she was independant.

My dad tapped me on the arm, "Is that who I think it is?"

I nodded once, I thought we had already gone through this?

"I'll be right back fella's" he clicked his tongue at the end of his sentence and went outside to chase Elle ... I think

I turned and looked at Destrey, who was staring at me with speculating eyes, "I thought you were better than me at the whole relationship thing. I guess you weren't ... But hey don't worry, nobody's perfect?"