Chapter 1

------------>Ash!

Tobias POV

The walk to and from school was always a boring one, but today, it felt alarmingly so. Tobias never once looked up from the road, as cars sped by, always in a hurry, to wherever it was they were going. The walk took at least a good twenty minutes, along a winding road, surrounded on both sides by dense forrests. Some days, Tobias wondered if it would be easier just to dissapear into the forrest, but he knew he couldn't. His mother was paying an arm and a leg for him to attened the all boys school, and with tuition what it was, she couldn't afford for him to live on campus, or pay for insurance on a car. Thus, he took the twenty minute walk to Hartford, and another day in hell, with grace.

The driveway to Hartford was a long dirt road, with a giant, forbodeing, metal gate at the begining. Everyday it called to Tobias, "Welcome back, outcast. Welcome back to hell." He hated the school, and all of the people in it, but he was going to finish. He was going to graduate. For his mother.

As he reached the gate, he finally looked up from the ground. Up to the monolithic structure that was Hartford School for Boys. It was as distant and cold as ever, especially in the morning fog. It was chilly and Tobias pulled his sweater around his lanky form. The guard at the gate nodded to Tobias and opened the gate to let him in.

"Here we go again," he muttered to himself.

Tyler POV

Tyler hated moving, but being an army brat meant that he was constantly. This time, his father had asked his command post to let them stay, at least until Tyler graduated. His father promised him that they had granted him that, but Tyler was hard to convince.

As they pulled into the driveway of their new house, Tyler wondered what his mother would have thought of it. It wasn't anything fancy, but it wasn't horrible either. It was stone-sided, and his father said he had a bedroom and a bathroom all to himself. His twin sister had the same, so they wouldn't see much of eachother. Unlike most twins Tyler and Rose did not get along very well. Rose was very outgoing and had a lot of friends. Tyler was a loner, and didn't care much for other people.

The only good thing about the move, was the new schooling. He was attending Hartford School for Boys. Rose was attending the sister school, for girls. They wouldn't spend much time at home, since both schools had on site housing. After going inside and surveying his room, Tyler went to the car to retrive his overnight bag. Since they were moving into the dorms the next day, they left most of the stuff in the car. Tyler headed up to his room, and pulled out his iPod. Tomorrow, he would begin the next chapter in his life.