Chapter Thirty-One ۞ Team Five

The lady knight did not ask her to do anything major, only a few exercises that she said would help her gain more control. It would also help awaken and recall what she had probably forgotten.

"I want you to develop your speed, increase the endurance of your muscles, and work on your killing intent. You cannot pull off the same stunt you did with Zion. It will not work on Lord Corvan."

"I continued the exercises you gave me when we were out in the assignment." Valeriana told her, her blade colliding with Seraphina. "But I seriously doubt I can do what I did before. I mean, maybe I sort of tried . . ."

"It's alright." Seraphina parried another blow and sent a strike down her ward's right. "I'm not expecting too much. Let's just start slow. We have two weeks. It's more than enough to help you hold up against the first-ranker."

"I seriously doubt I can win against him, though."

"You don't need to. You aren't in any risk in this fight. You're in a more favorable situation. Lord Corvan, however, will not let anything take away his title as first."

The clang of their weapons and the intensity of their swordplay sent a sweat trailing down Valeriana's face.

"I feel like I want to try and fight him though, even if it seems like I don't have a chance."

"That's always the spirit. You never know." Seraphina smiled and struck down, making her weapon fly out of her hands. "You've went up against incredulously strong opponents so far and you haven't lost. Chances are that you will no longer be called the fifth."

Valeriana laughed at the ridiculous notion. "That's probably not going to happen. This is Corvan, after all."

"And you are Valeriana, the dark horse. Believe me, your potential is fearsome."

After a few hours of training with the lady knight, Valeriana excused herself to change into new clothes as her previous ones were soaked wet. She would then grab lunch after that, drop by her team to see how they were doing--maybe help out here and there to show she wasn't just asking everyone to do everything, then head out to the Development Wing to meet up with her . . . group.

She sighed wearily at her packed schedule but steeled herself, knowing she had to see through this no matter what.

Valeriana dropped by the residences to help and make lunch, but was quite surprised to see sandwiches, an assortment of fruits, and three jugs of freshly squeezed orange juice sitting on top of the coffee table.

Seemed as though the others were still out.

Grandma Kloe came around the corner with a smile. She folded her hands on her stomach. "Snacks are prepared, dear. Are you hungry?"

Valeriana felt a relieved smile tugging on her lips. "You don't mind if I just pop a few in my mouth, do you? I still have to change clothes and I'm heading out right after."

"No problem." The woman answered, nodding. "Take an apple on your way out."

The girl bit into a sandwich, splashed some juice into the glass and filled it up halfway. She downed it in a few gulps and was immediately running up the stairs a split second later.

Once she was up in her room, she wiped off the disgusting stickiness away with a damp towel before throwing in a new, fresh shirt and spritzing some cologne by her ears, her wrist and somewhere that wouldn't make her smelling like sweat a bit too obvious.

Her pants didn't need changing, thankfully.

She flew down the stairs and met Genevieve halfway. The other girl had a sandwich hanging off between her lips.