She's Mine: Chapter 23

Chapter 23

"Good morning, Eliza," she heard, after the elevator doors spread apart.

Her Monday would start with a stomach turning event, and she never liked early morning surprises. However, neither did he.

Eliza parted her lips and bravely returned, "Good morning... Andrew."

The ride to their floor was quiet as usual, though she expected more from him in a confined, or more appropriately trapped, space.

With unexpected peace, she rushed to her office and closed the door behind her. She sat quietly at her desk, sitting still and staring at the frosted panes, and expecting a shadowed figure to appear at any moment. Yet, she was surprised once more by the distance she was being given. What was he doing? Was he really coming around?

After cautiously settling in, she took a glance at her phone to check for any new messages. There were none so far from Emmy, but she did finally open up a message from someone that could also put a smile on her face with ease.

She replied "Good morning, Mr. Daniels." back to Troy, and she knew that would prompt a particularly scandalous response from him. Eliza had to admit that she was having fun again. The goodness from the weekend carried over though she couldn't stop interrupting the memories with the brief encounter with Andrew in the elevator.

What would it mean from this point forward? Would it be possible for Andrew and her to get along? Would she be okay with introducing him to Lulu? Their baby?

Though she didn't want to dwell on all the questions during a meeting covering the weekly financial update, she had to. She had to because Andrew's attention was on her when he didn't have to speak or pay close attention. His behavior was strange; he had never even been this obvious when they were fooling around with one another more than a year ago.

Eliza looked back up to the projection and couldn't believe that she had hardly heard Troy's voice as he was speaking. And she wasn't the only one to notice her drifted demeanor. He shot off a smile to the Cheshire Blackwell before uncomfortably looking in Eliza's general direction without making eye contact.

She couldn't wait for the meeting to come to an end. Luck was on her side, with her not having anything crucial to report. The meeting had been adjourned and Eliza packed up her things and rushed back into her space. She pulled her face tight at the sound of soft knocks at the door, merely seconds after she closed her office door. Eliza shyly opened the one panel and let Troy rush in.

"Liza... what was that?" he asked with frustration, but somehow his inflections were still sweet.

She poorly dodged the obvious, and asked, "What do you mean?"

"Are you okay? You look... did something happen?" he asked finally slowing down and taking a step back.

"He was nice to me," she confessed with wide eyes to the floor.

Troy grunted, "So nice that he kept staring at you the entire meeting? You know I had a mind to ask him what the hell he was staring at, in front of everybody!"

"Troy, don't get so worked up over it. I promise it's nothing," Eliza urgently interjected.

He turned away and took in a deep breath. Shoving his hands on his hips and strolling away from her, he shook his head.

"All he did was say 'good morning' and he surprisingly left me alone," she added with caution. "I don't want you to be bothered by nothing."

Quickly, Troy swiveled on his feet and loudly whispered, "You can't ask me to not be jealous, Liza!"