Chapter IV.

"This..." I paused, looking at her closely. Her dress seemed to light up the whole room with its sparkles as she walked uncomfortably close. "This is not my home."

I looked away for a moment, feeling her powerful presence. When I looked back up, she raised one of her eyebrows, a smile plastered to her face. "Why do you resist becoming a true being of the night, dark angel?"

"Because..." I thought about my answer. "Because until I learn where I belong, I don't belong anywhere. Besides, the Mirror of Truth broke before-"

"Don't tell me lies that you don't believe yourself," she said, laughing and walking in a circle around me. She never took her eyes off of me, and I looked at the ground. There was something in her words that made me doubt my own words. "The Mirror of Truth cracked, but only at the very end before it could make you loyal to the Underworld Army. Other than that, you are a true reflection of Pit - dark, smart, and powerful. You don't belong on Skyworld."

"I..." I folded my arms, steeling myself. I couldn't let her manipulate me. "I don't have a place to go to. For now, staying on Skyworld makes the most sense."

"Then why not stay with me?" Nyx asked. "Don't you feel the pull? You could be alone in the darkness, and you would never have to talk to anyone again. You could do anything you wanted to. Anything."

The room suddenly felt cold. Her words tried to make me believe that that's what I wanted: to be alone in the darkness. "No," I said. "That's not what I want. That's not why I'm here."

"Then tell me," Nyx demanded, anger finding its way into her voice. "Why are you here, little angel?"

"You seem to know all the current events," I said. "You can't tell?"

She shook her head. "I can't read your mind."

"I was poisoned," I said. "Palutena said you were my last hope of surviving."

"And why would I help you?" Nyx asked. I didn't like the smile on her face. "You've done nothing for me, coming into my realm and making demands. Though I will say, it's quite bold. I like that."

I shrugged. "You don't have to. I'm not sure I particularly care either way."

Nyx raised her eyebrows. "That's quite the answer."

"But that's not all I want," I said, my confidence growing. It was now or never. "Get rid of the poison and give me the Power of Flight."

Nyx looked even more surprised. "I can't tell if you're stupid or fearless. Perhaps you still got some of Pit's idiocy."

"I don't know how Pit does it, but I can't handle having the wings and not being able to fly whenever I want. I... I need the Power of Flight."

Nyx walked in another circle around me, and I shivered, trying not to show how uncomfortable I was. I tried not to move, though I realized my hand was over my injury protectively. "I will do it," Nyx finally said.

"What?" I asked, stunned.

"You heard me," Nyx said, a little annoyed. "But it will come at a price."

"What do you want?" I asked warily.

"You already know that Skyworld is in trouble," Nyx said.

"What about it?" I asked, a bad feeling growing in my stomach.

"Skyworld will fall from the sky," Nyx said, looking up at the ceiling. "When that happens, you will live here with me for the rest of time."

I opened my mouth to reply, then shut it. This was a huge change. I looked up at Nyx's face, trying to read her eyes. But they didn't say anything. It was impossible to determine what she was thinking.