Chapter 5

Chapter Five

We walked for about 7 steps when he asked, "So, what class are we headed to?"

"Drama."

"Is that what that's for?" He asked, gesturing to my script.

"Yup."

"Cool. Can I read it?" He asked, reaching for it.

I yanked it away. "Nope."

He seemed alarmed. "Touchy, touchy."

We arrived at the classroom and I opened the door, walked in, grabbed one of the chairs that were stacked along the wall and took a seat, with Patrick following suite.

There were no desks in the room because it used to be a ballet studio and we need room to act, so we all just sit in rows at the front.

"You should probably tell Mr. Crymble who you are and stuff."

"Where is he?"

I pointed to a little booth room thing, and said, "Over there. In his 'office.'"

He got up, and I watched him walk away.

Suddenly, Kurt was there beside me, in the spot that Patrick once sat. Damn, how could I forget he was in this class?

"Hey, Ash. Who was that?" He asked me, casually leaning towards me, with his eye on Patrick who was standing in the office doorway, only a few feet away.

"The new kid, Patrick," I told him.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah."

Then Patrick was back, standing over Kurt. He was even taller than him. "You're in my spot," he said, sounding irritated.

"Don't worry about it," Kurt answered. He didn't move.

"Kurt, move please," I said.

He grinned, saying, "Anything for you," and stood up.

Patrick sat back down. "Who was that?" Now where have I heard that before?

"Kurt," I said, watching him sit down across the room, by his friends.

"Kurt," Patrick repeated.

"Yes."

"So, do you ... like him or something?" I shrugged. "He's an ass," Patrick commented.