Chapter 17

Chapter 17

                                                                                    *Tiana*

Sneaking out was always so much fun. After a long day at school I was looking forward to the date with Zack. Wednesday had come rather slowly but finally it had. I could just let my hair down and have fun. Being around Zack was always so much fun he knew how to make me laugh. He was sweet and caring unlike some people. And by some people I mean Blaze. That guy seriously had the heart of a snake. He didn’t even have the decency to apologize to us girls. All the other boys had already asked for forgiveness and were forgiven because we had played some pranks on them as well. So in some twisted way it was equal. Blaze was truly one arrogant male. It didn’t matter to me much though because I was one stubborn girl. I wouldn’t have dreamt of talking to him before he came crawling on his knees asking for forgiveness.

It was hard to ignore such a good looking guy; so, a lot of girls had already crumbled in front of his charm. I wasn’t going to do that. I checked the time and it was already 9:30pm so that have just about half an hour to get ready. I had called Zack late for the dinner date because I wasn’t possible for me to sneak out before 10pm. Marylyn and Harriet slept like logs and no alarm in the entire world could wake them up easily. So, that always made sneaking out easy.

I put on skinny jeans and a white flowing empire line spaghetti top paired with white pumps. Sound of a blowing horn invaded my room just as I applied some mascara and gloss. I had to have a talk with Zack about that. He always started honking like there was no tomorrow as soon as he reached my house.

 I picked up the white tote bag from my bed and dashed out of my window thankful for the fact my room was on the ground floor. I ran to Zack’s car as he continued to blow his car’s horn loudly. Why did he always do that? I banged on his window. He looked at me startled by my banging.

“Woah! What’s up with the banging?” he asked taking in a deep breath.

Funny he should ask me about the banging when he was the one blowing his car’s horn threatening to wake up my entire neighbourhood. I looked at him with narrowed eyes.

“You ask me this when you were honking so loudly?”

He grinned sheepishly making me smile back at him. Really it was impossible to be mad at such a sweet guy. I sat down in his car and said, “Please don’t do that again.”

“I don’t get it Tee…Why do you have a problem with me knocking on your door,” he said puzzled.

I sighed. How could I explain to him that my step mother was a monster? She wasn’t actually a monster but well with that behaviour she could easily be one. My hands and arms were still aching from all the cleaning she had made me so. And no, she didn’t stop at that; she had made me to the entire laundry too bed sheets, pillow covers and table covers were included in this.

“Ah…well my mother doesn’t like the idea of me dating,” I fibbed.

“But you are almost going to turn seventeen!” he exclaimed.

“Yeah…I know. Ummm she is very religious and orthodox,” I concentrated on my nails.

“That is weird…I don’t mean that your mum is weird…it’s just that—“

“I can completely understand…it’s all right,” I smiled. We had to deviate from this topic so I said, “Where are we going?”

He grinned, “Wait and watch.”