Story # 4: Beloved Beast

AUTHOR: inkzerospace

------

PLOT:

Blind since birth, Elle Duncan has known only darkness, but her beautiful spirit brims with light. A terrible accident has hindered her father’s ability to provide for his wife and three daughters-in a bleak desperation to restore his livelihood-he’s turned to their most unlikely savior-their brooding and dark lord. Don Rossetti is bad-tempered with an equally dark countenance to match. Harboring a deadly secret, he’s comfortable spending his existence in solitude, but something about the peasant man who has come daringly seeking his aid, peaks his curiosity and suddenly loneliness is no longer of appeal. He grudgingly agrees to assist the poor farmer but for his generous deed a price must be paid-a debt that Elle Duncan must pay.

-----

Opinion:

Obviously, this screams "Beauty and The Beast". I'm not that kind of a big fan of Fairytales. I mean, I love and find their real Story far more interesting than the tales told by Disney Channel themselves. Anyways... this type of Story for me is the one I call the "Calming Type" of Story. I have set different categories for my long list read Stories, this one falls for that type. It's clean and refreshing. But I guess it's too short. I don't know. Looking forward what happens after. I love how it was written as well. It made me think and fall back into like, "Huh? What was that again?". I guess, this made me think but not enough for me to actually have a headache. Like I said, a calming Story makes me calm while reading it but... I'm too eager to read this Story and finish it as fast as I could but not enough to not understand it. You can actually imagine it. I've watched BEASTLY as well (mainly because Alex Pettyfer starred the Movie. What? I love him okay.) so it was not that hard not to imagine some scenes but I like to feel that this is new but you can still feel the vibe of the Movie BEASTLY but not much of the Fairytale itself.

------

RATING:

8.5 out of 10 (It's too short for 9. But actually, if it lasted longer or the Author gave it a different type of ending then it's worth of a 9. It's too good for my liking and I might actually re-read it again. Thumbs up. Read it if you want a refreshing Story.) ^__^

------

I want to do a double update because I owe you two updates. :(

-- GenieStClair