9|Why now?

The car engine roars, echoing in the quiet garage

The car engine roars, echoing in the quiet garage. I speed out of the driveway, clutching the steering wheel so hard, my knuckles turn red.

Those idiots couldn't do one fucking thing right. Half of our shipments went missing right under our noses even though the place is highly guarded.

Guards surround the big, metal gate around the base, as the gate opens, allowing me to enter.

I get out the car before it comes to a full stop, my phone in hand.

All the guards bow to me as I enter through the door, quickly scanning my finger print.

This place has some of the most high tech security so how someone was able to steal our shipment in beyond my understanding.

"Where are the guards that were stationed near the shipment?" My head of security nods towards the questioning room.

The guards are all bruised and beaten badly when I enter the room. "What the fuck happend." I don't remember anyone saying they were injured.

One of the guards shakily raise a hand, pointing towards the corner of the room.

I turn around, spotting a shadow propped against the wall.

I roll my eyes knowing that shadow all to well. "Aren't you suppose to be in Miami?"

"Yeah, but I finished what I had to do and decided to surprise you, bestie." My bestfriend Luca walks out of the corner, hands inside his pocket.

"Let's talk in my office."

We exit the room, but not before ordering guards to make sure no one leaves.

"Alfonzo." My blood boils hearing that name.

"Find out where he took the shipments." I pace back and forth in my office, while Luca sits at the desk, a glass of scotch in hand.

"Russia."

"Why would he take the shipments to Russia. The Russians and Alfonzo's alliance broke years ago, when Alfonzo cheated with Ivor's wife."

"That I don't know. But, my men are on it. "I nod.

He twirls around the ice in his glass. "When were you gonna tell me you're married?"

"When you got back?"

"Ok, i'm back now, so why didn't you tell me?"

"It slipped my mind." I refill my glass.

"I'm hurt." He puts his hand on his heart. "When can I meet her?"

"Tomorrow. I'm not waking her up, just so you can show her you're ugly ass face."

"That's rude!" He shouts like a child.

I roll my eyes, looking at the clock.

2:05a.m

"We should head back to the house. My men will inform us if they get any news."

He nods and we both head out the base and into my car.

We say our goodbyes and he heads to the room he usually sleeps in and I head up to my room.

Alessandra, is fast asleep, with the book she was reading earlier on her chest.

I move the book without waking her, adjusting her pillow so she doesn't hurt her neck.

Quickly changing, I slip into my side of the bed.

♡♡♡

"Ahh" A loud scream echos through the house.

I jump out bed, grabbing the gun from under my pillow. Alessandra's side of the bed is empty, causing me to be even more scared.

I quietly walk down the stairs, my gun drawn and ready to shoot at any intruder.

At the bottom of the stairs, stood Alessandra with a vase in her hand and Antonio holding his head.

"What the hell happened." I put my gun away.

"She hit me with a fucking vase." He checks his hands for blood.

"I thought you were an intruder." Alessandra says defensively.

"My head is bleeding!" Antonio screams like a baby.

"Oh, shut the fuck up and quit being a baby." I say.

"Why is he even here?" Alessandra questions.

"Because, I live here." Antonio responds in a matter of fact tone.

"What's with all the screaming?" My mamá, walks out of the kitchen. "Breakfast is ready."

We follow her to the dining room, where the breakfast was laid out neatly.

"Sir, Nathen Hugo is on his way to the mansion." I almost spit my coffee.

Why was that idiot coming to see me? Why now?

Those are the questions I kept asking myself the.